Chapter twenty three: Finale

"Can I touch your wings?"

Jeremy was quickly getting used to Lucifer's true form after the initial shock and fright had worn off. In its place was curiosity and warmth. They had returned to Hell again and Abigor left them the moment they landed, leaving Jeremy and Lucifer to sort out everything.

Lucifer squared his shoulders and shook his wings subtly, trying to appear strong to impress the human boy. Jeremy couldn't help but beam up at him when he nodded his head, causing the devil's heart to skip a beat. "Woah," Jeremy muttered, his fingers grazing the long, black feathers carefully, as if they would break if he put too much pressure on them. Lucifer watched the human's every move, studying every expression on his face. He tried his hardest not to shiver from the feeling of Jeremy touching him or move because it was tickling.

It was all worth it when the human lifted his gaze from the wings to study the devil's face. Lucifer shifted uncomfortably when Jeremy stared deep into his eyes; usually people avoided eye contact with him so it was something he wasn't used to, and it was slightly intimidating. The devil looked away in embarrassment. "I can't control when I change back from my true form. Last time it took years," he muttered, still avoiding eye contact.

Jeremy placed his hand gently on his cheek to bring his attention back to him. Lucifer's eyes snapped up in shock; why wasn't he afraid of him?

"It's okay," he whispered back. They were standing so close that they could feel each other's breath on their faces. Jeremy could see the curiosity glimmering in his eyes but as he scanned his face, his eyes stopped on his lips. They both wet their lips subconsciously, slightly leaning in towards each other.

Their hearts were going on overdrive with excitement and nerves. Lucifer finally closed the gap between them and pecked his lips like he was a delicate flower. Jeremy's heart soared and he closed his eyes, immediately diving back in for a more fulfilling kiss.

Their lips moved together like a dance and the devil immediately grabbed Jeremy's hips, pulling him so close that there was no space between them at all. Jeremy didn't know where to place his hands, so he put them on the devil's rock hard chest. His breath shuddered when Lucifer's thumb traced circles just above his hip, under his shirt.

"You're back again!" Doriani suddenly squealed, bursting through the entrance doors.

Startled, they broke apart, both out of breath. Jeremy stared at Doriani with wide eyes and swollen lips but the embarrassment of getting caught made his cheeks pink. Lucifer didn't bother turning to look at the demon, and instead smiled at the sight of his human covering his face with his hands. He grabbed his wrists and pulled his hands away from his face, causing Jeremy to smile shyly at him. When Lucifer winked at him, his cheeks got impossibly even redder, causing him to groan.

Doriani eyed the two of them, "Did I interrupt something?"

"No," Jeremy answered at the same time as Lucifer said, "Yes, go away."

"We'll be back inside soon, just give us a moment," he said instead. Doriani seemed satisfied with his answer and happily skipped inside again. Jeremy shook his head in amusement and looked at Lucifer again but what he saw caused him to gasp.

"What?" The devil asked, slightly alarmed. Did he regret the kiss? Was he mad at him for plucking the angels' wings? Was he suddenly scared of him again? What, what, what?

"Your face," he sounded breathless again. "You're back to normal again." Lucifer's eyebrows rose at the words and he immediately felt his face all over. The lack of horns and the different feel of the skin were noticeable. When he spun around in a circle to catch a sight of his tail, Jeremy laughed happily, "You're chasing your tail like a dog."