CHAPTER NINE

HARUKA AGE 7

"Kids, come down here we need to introduce ourselves to the neighbors

"Kids, come down here we need to introduce ourselves to the neighbors." Papa's voice filled the house quickly with its loudness.

Yesterday we had officially moved into the new house that our parents had been wanting for the past few months. The move was Mama's idea, she believed that our old house was too small for all of us now. We moved from the big city of Tokyo to this small town of Namimori. The town sounds familiar but I can't place exactly how. In my previous life, I've never been to Japan so it's impossible that I've been to Namimori.

Since I've heard the name of the place I've been getting small twists in my stomach, but since it wasn't connecting immediately I brushed it off as a town I've been briefly told about.

Sighing, I slowly sat up, my head hurt from another night of spending my hours awake. Although it was painful, I had grown used to it. Shortly after my 5th birthday, I began having constant nightmares about my previous life, before my death and what if's about what my life would have been if I hadn't jumped that night.

Sakura had been the first to notice since at the time we shared a bed. It was her who told mama, who in return grew worried and took me to the doctor's office. The psychiatrist had asked me about my nightmares but since I could not reveal anything about my previous life I had made up lies laced with the truth.

I told her I was scared, that whenever I closed my eyes demons were waiting to get their hands on me, so push, kick and manipulate me. It was a month or so later, days full of sleepless nights was I diagnosed with night terrors and insomnia. The lady had given my parents many methods to help, all of which didn't work.

After a while, I had grown fearful that mama was growing annoyed with me and my instability. The twins were babies and they already kept her up, and I felt guilty for doing the same. So once more, I began to fake it.

I've had lots of practice with acting like everything was fine when it wasn't, but unlike before rather than hiding it from the world, I hid it from my family.

Hearing papa yell out for us to wake up once more, I finally sat up in my bed. Rubbing my surely pinkened eyes, I stepped out of my bed and climbed the latter up to the top bunk where my twin slept. Her short brown hair a nest around her face. I smiled noticing the uneven cuts off her hair. Two weeks ago mom had taken Rai, Jinsoo, and Sakura to get their hair done as a girls day out.

Jinso and mama got their hair cut short while Rai got her trimmed. Sakura, however, wanted her hair styled like Luffy. Mama had told her no, and that she could only get a trim. Long story short, when they got home Sakura took it upon herself to chop off her hair with a pair of safety scissors and a crappy drawing a Luffy from One Piece.

Mama along with Papa and Rai nearly had a stroke.

Letting out a silent laugh, I quickly woke my twin up. After five minutes of aggressively shaking her, she finally woke up.

"Kura, we have to get ready. C'mon." I nearly stepped back before the girl hopped up and jumped off the top bunch with a loud yell of "Let's go." before running to her dresser and pulling out a random pair of jeans and a shirt.

Following her lead, I pulled out a pair of black jeans and the large pastel blue sweater papa had bought me a while ago a Grabbing a pair of white socks and the blue tennis shoes, I sat on the bed waiting for my twin to finish getting dressed into the blue jeans and white tee she picked out. With another scream of let's go, she ran out, completely forgetting her shoes and socks. Grabbing another pair of white socks and her white tennis shoes, I walked downstairs and into the living room where everyone else was.

Rai was wearing a pastel purple overall skirt with a white collared shirt underneath, her hair in two high ponytails giving her a cute look. Jinoo was dressed similarly to me, but instead of a pastel blue swear she was wearing a green hoodie, her fluffy short black hair tried back in a sloppy ponytail, the bangs left out, brushing against the huge glassed on her face. The twins in matching pink and green dressed while Mom was dressed in a white shirt tucked into a long pale pink skirt.

Looking at papa, I immediately looked away from the terrible outfit he was wearing, thankful I didn't somehow latch on to his horrid fashion sense. I mean rainbow sweatpants and a checkered three shirt topped with a striped cardigan? No thanks.

Walking over, I handed Sakura her shoes and socks earning a small thank you from the girl. Like everyone else, she slipped on her socks but left off her shoes, sitting them in the hall by the door.

Heading into the kitchen, we all quickly ate before getting ready to leave and greet the neighbors. Mama baked three cakes for each house, the one on the left, the one of the right, and the one across from us.

On our right was a little old lady who thanked us for the cake and welcomed us to the neighborhood. Across the street lived a young man who we caught just before he left for work. Once more, we were welcomed to the neighborhood.

For the last house, the one to the left of us, mama handed me the cake and told Sakura and me to introduce the family. Walking us to the door, the other six stood behind us, Mama only stepping forwards to ring the doorbell since nether Sakura or I was tall enough to reach it.

I focused my eyes on the cake when the door opened, not keen on making eye contact with a stranger. Luckily, my twin was much more outgoing than I was. "Hello, Miss! My name is Kim Sakura and this is my twin brother Haruka. We just moved here and mom said we have to say hi to be nice."

A familiar laugh tempted me to look up, but upon hearing the voice did I make eye contact, "Nice to meet you, Sakura-chan, Haruka-Kun. You both are adorable how old are you both? You look about Tsu-kun's age, maybe you three can be friends. Why don't you all come in I can introduce you to my son and my husband. Imistsu had just come home last night, how lucky! I'll go make some tea." The woman who I'm pretty sure is Nana spoke, letting us all in the house.

Not knowing what to do, I held up the cake which she gasped at before exclaiming about how cute it looks. Hearing this, mama stepped forward and thanked her and talked about the pastry shop she was going to open. The two talked, quickly forming a friendship as they both left us in the living room, Nana only pausing to call down her husband and son and mom telling us to behave leaving us in the nostalgic living room. 

+++

One character from the original anime introduced. Three more next chapter. Iemitsu and Tsuna is two. But whose the third? Whoever guesses correctly can have the next chapter dedicated to them. 

~Lilah