19. In love with you

"Jungkook? What are you doing at the office?"

"Waiting for Tae. I'm gonna take him home."

"Oh god I wish Yoon loved me like that. Aah..  Anyways are you gonna wait by his cubical inside."

"No I'll just stand here by my car. Don't want unnecessary attention. He'll pass by here. Or maybe I'll have to wait till your lunch break or till evening when you go back i don't care."

"Okay.  I'll call you when he gets to the office."

"Thanks Hosoek hyung."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I should go home to bring some clothes because Koo would be gone to his office and I'm avoiding him because that's the coward I am.

Taehyung murmured to himself and quickly texted Laurie about the same before heading home.

He reached home and was happy that jungkook wasn't home. The house was wrecked. Not even two days and jungkook has turned the entire house into a dumpster. Even taehyung's room? It was pretty evident that the other slept in taehyung's room while he was gone and it only makes him sadder knowing how co-dependant they were.

Only problem being that Taehyung now wants so much more but expects so much less.

Laurie's words rang in his ears - "he atleast deserves to know"

Ofcourse he does. But not now. Someday when they're grown out of each other.  When jungkook has a wife and kids of his own. When taehyung is old and alone and just as pathetic, he will tell jungkook. Not now.

With these thoughts he headed for cleaning the living room and planning to shower after that since jungkook will be gone for long and he has ample of time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook took out his ringing phone in a hurry expecting taehyung to call him as soon as hosoek tells him that he's standing outside but it is hosoek. Maybe he's so mad that he wants hosoek to ask jungkook to go away. But he won't.

Already done with the conversation in his head and now ready for it in real,  jungkook picked up hosoek's call.

"Yes hyung?"

"He's not coming."

"What? "

"Taehyung. He's taken leave for two days. Won't be coming. Go home jungkook-ah"

Without saying anything further, jungkook hung up. Now this the conversation he did not expect. Ofcourse taehyung's mad at him but mad enough to skip office?

A pool of salt water filled up his eyes and rested on the lower lash line. With another blink a drop fell down on his cheek but before it could leave the smallest evidence of it's presence, jungkook wiped it off hastily and grabbed the water bottle in his car gulping the contents in a hurry before starting his car snd heading the place that doesn't seem like home without taehyung.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He entered the house with his head hung low and made his way to the kitchen. Picking up the water bottle he gulped it down with his eyes closed listening to his inner voice carefully and agreeing with every word of loath and disapproval it had towards him.

He was busy in his thoughts when gentle footsteps approaching the kitchen got his attention.

There stood his best friend, surprised shitless obviously not expecting jungkook to be home,  freshly showered, shirtless wearing only a ripped jeans, barefoot with wet hair.