This girl isn't natural!

Morganna's days were filled will more lessons since she was found in the forest. It seemed her family was attempting to make her too busy to explore.

No matter what she was doing someone's eyes were constantly on her. When her brother found out that she left by herself he was furious. He would not even speak to her for a whole week!

The lessons were boring and other than some of the etiquette and history she knew everything they were teaching her. She felt it was time to finally start showing some of her knowledge off. She obviously won't start spouting off different scientific formulas or even advance mathematical equations. She would just be happy to not be "learning" her numbers and colors.

"Mother, I already know this. May we please move onto something harder?" Morgianna batted her eyes at her mother, who was the one teaching her for the day.

Her mother rarely taught her subjects other than etiquette, as her being the lady of the house nobody was more knowledgeable than her.

Dutchess Bloodmoon was shocked by her daughter's words. What child wants their lessons to get harder?

"I will let you move forward in your studies if you can answer my questions correctly."

"2+7"
"9"
"8+8"
"16"
"Spell house"
"H-O-U-S-E"

The questions continued back and forth for several minutes progressively getting "harder" or so her mother thought. Yet Morgianna just calmly answered each one in every subject with ease.

"13×16"
"208"
"Spell Grievance"

Finally having enough of the questions Morgianna finally broke the chain.

"Mother if I spell this correctly may we stop the quiz?"

Lillian had been so caught up in asking questions to see how far she could take it that she did not notice the sun was setting. They had been at it for several hours!

"If you spell the word correctly and use it in a sentence then I will allow you to finish for the day, and I will inform your father to get you a teacher so that you may learn at a more advance rate."

" Grievance, G-r-i-e-v-a-n-c-e. My grievance of the current curriculum has led us into a prosperous decision for both parties. Thank you mother."

With that sentence Morgianna stood to return to her room, leaving her mother staring after her with eyes wide and mouth slightly ajar.

She knew she went a little overboard. After all she was only 3 in this lifetime. She just could not help herself. She needed something challenging or she just might go insane from boredom. She continued walked back to her room all the while listening to the whispers of the maids and guards as they discussed how much she knew at such a young age.

Meanwhile her mother Lillian finally snapped out of her awe and immediately rose from her seat so that she could go find her husband.

This time a day he would only be in 1 of 2 places. The first being his office, and the second being the garden that he used for training.

Making her way through their home she saw that the guards were thinner near the office which meant he was not there. Else the number would have easily tripled from the meer 2 she saw in attendance.

Her husband, being a Duke knew the dangers of his position. He did not like to have all the guards, but he knew the importance of keeping his family and himself safe.

A few moments later she arrived at the door to his garden, already hearing the steady thump sound that accompanied each dagger as it hit its mark.

Knocking on the door she waited for the sounds within to stop and her husband to speak.

"Come in"

Those two words were deep and raspy as if he had not uttered a sound in days.

"Darling, you should drink something. Do not work too hard." She gave a little wink at him as she motioned one of the servants to get them refreshments. The conversation they were about to have felt like it was a bomb, fuse already lit and she couldn't stop it.

Duke Bloodmoon who had been watching a series of complex emotions flash across his wife's face could take the suspense no longer. "What is on your mind beautiful? Why do you frown?"

"It is about Morgianna... she had requested a harder curriculum." Lillian started slightly reluctant.

"That is great! She has been learning at the level of most 4-year-olds lately, shall we take it up to what is expected of a 5-year-old?" Ryland had clear excitement twinkling in his eyes, his baby was so smart!

Shaking her head slightly Lillian released a sigh before continuing, "No we shall not bother with age 5, 6, or really anything less than that expected of 10-year-olds. That Is as far as I quizzed her but she got every question correct. Whether it be math, science, spelling, and so forth. I have never seen a child so advance and it worries me that someone would try to exploit her."

Ryland finally understood why his wife had been upset with their daughter's knowledge. "Do not worry, I will protect her now and forever. I swear that even if she is a genius, she is still my little girl. We shall get her a private teacher and they will keep everything silent. Else they be punished."

Lillian felt comforted knowing how seriously her husband took oaths.

"She just isn't natural. I do not want her to be used as a tool." Lillian moved into her husband's embrace both thinking of the future before them and how their daughter could change it all.