Chapter 6: Dreams

???'s POV
Dream start

Pain. It burnt and bled. I screamed as my eyes and mouth were clenched up. I couldn't even see my torturer.
"Tell me, where is it?!!!!"
"You wouldn't find it, ███████" I screamed out.
"You'll regret talking back to me." He said as he spat on me. Bolts of electricity arced over my body as lightning shook through my body.

Dream end

"Ahhhh........." I screamed out. The Octoling woke up and looked at me, concerned. I looked down at my hands. They were normal Sanitized colour. Then, as if reality flickered, they were a normal inkling colours, scarred and had a Custom-made Ink Gun unlike any I saw. Then back to Sanitized.

I put my hands to my head. My migraine was killing me. The Octoling cocked her head and put a hand on my shoulder.
"Are you okay?"
"Aaaaam Fffffine...."
"Since when could you talk?"
"Haaaardddd" I said, my mind was having trouble focusing. My stomach grumbled. Hunger was eating away at my resistance. I pushed her away and bit into the pillow.
"Staa....aaay bac.....k"

My body was now rebelling against me. I grabbed to the sides of the bed and kept my hands clenched on them. The Octoling stepped back and grabbed something. That was all I heard before I felt a sharp pain on my head before seeing darkness.

Still here?

Too bad I'm ending it here see ya. This is Agent_I signing out.

Psyche!!!!

......When I woke up, I could smell something burning and I sat up immediately. I snatched up my notepad and ran to the kitchen to see an I-don't-what-I'm-doing flambé and an absolutely terrified Octoling. I turned off the stove and took a mini fire extinguisher from the drawer under the sink.

The flames were put out in time and I turned to her.
*Just what did you were doing? Burning down MY kitchen?
"I-I was trying to make something for you. You seemed hungry."
*Rule #1. Never mess with me or my kitchen, understand?
"B-But..."
I stuck a knife into the nearby half-burnt chopping board.
"Yes, Chef."
I sighed and cleaned up the kitchen and cooked some chicken. The food had a nice aroma as I took of the lid.

Food Item:
Braised chicken stew with bread

I took some and poured it into two bowls. I placed in on the table and we dug in. The bread was toasted and I dunk it in the stew before munching on the bread. Sometimes, I would add a chicken wing to my plate and take a bite off both the wing and the bread. It was a good meal.

I pat my slightly bulging belly, satisfied. I looked back at my companion. She just stared at her food. I waved a hand in front of her face. She snapped out of her trance and blinked a few times. I wrote on the notepad,
*You okay?
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking of an old friend. He moved away, out of Inkopolis. I-I never got to see him again. I assumed he was lost to me. Very few people cared for me. My family..." She choked on her sobs. I wrapped her in my arms. She always tried to act tough but in reality, she was very fragile, perhaps too fragile for this world. 

I rubbed her back and as soon as she calmed down, she did not say a word and started to eat. The conversation was over.

Yo, it's your boi, Agent_I. I have an INKLING that you might be confused but don't worry. All will be explained later. It was a SPLAT writing this but I need to pause for a while. Exams, you know? I hope there will be no INK-sults. But enough puns. This is Agent_I signing out.