Chapter 19: Defensive I

Minyeol was the first one to wake up that morning and he was over joy upon seeing Jimin beside him sleeping soundly. Poor Jimin barely had 4 hours sleep but he rouse around 9 nevertheless since the younger boy was hyper. Limited time to spend with Minyeol, so Jimin decided to stay indoor having father-son bonding time, helping Minyeol with his homework, feeding him lunch, and playing video games. He would do anything for Minyeol.

"Are you happy Yeoul-ah?" Yeoul tore her eyes away from Jimin to face her mother.

She hummed with a nod then a pleased smile crept over her face "I am... to see people that I love happy" as much as the elder woman disliked the idea of Jimin barging into Yeoul's life again, she believed her grandson utmost happiness is everything.

No one expected this to turn out this way. Maybe just maybe, fate works this way.

"I want to make sure you are not hurting my dear. Jimin is a good guy, I don't blame him 100% for not acknowledging Minyeol's existence back then. Watching his effort to fix the mess that he made years ago, it matters the most now" Yeoul nodded.

Her mother patted her hand and shot an encouraging smile "Thank you omma. Both of us will take things slow this time so there wont be any mistake" Yeoul darted a glance at him and looked away quickly when he caught her staring with a playful wink.

Jimin never failed to make her feeling this way, somewhat crazy and stupidly in love with a guy like him.

"Will you be able to survive his world?" she inquired with a hint of concern.

Could she handle Jimin's world? She did doubt herself from time to time however it was her job to be familiar with his world, after all Jimin is her daddy's son. That was the least thing she could do. It took her awhile to answer her mother afraid it might give wrong impression.

But when she finally found one, Yeoul put on her confident facade "I am ready to learn. Time will help me to get used to it.. I am doing this for Minyeol, that poor boy suffered long enough due to a mistake made by adults like us" a small sigh escaped her lips.

"You two seem vexed. Are you alright?" Jimin came up behind Yeoul, hugging her from behind while leaving a soft kiss on her cheeks.

She nodded with a soft smile "We were just talking about us. I hope omma's lecture this morning didn't bleed your ears" chuckling softly, the elder woman gave her a warning glare.

"No..Ahjumma really gave me a long talk, a good one. And, I have promised her I will take a good care of my family" he smiled gleefully that his eyes almost disappearing.

"If you break my daughter's heart again, this ahjumma will make sure you wont see sun anymore" she joked earning a big laugh from the couple. Yeoul is all she had, and adding to that, five years ago Minyeol came along and it completes their family. To witness her one and only daughter smiling this way made her believe Jimin is the one for her.

Jimin threw his hand in air in defeat "I don't play with fire"

"Im worse than fire, Park Jimin" Yeoul shook her head bemused. Since when her mother and Jimin got too cozy with each other, they talked like a long lost friend.

------------------

"Congratulations Jimin I am so proud of you guys! I saw the news, actually I watched the show with Minyeol. You look mmmm dashing in that outfit"

Jimin could imagine the blush on her cheeks "Thank you Yeoul-ah..Glad that I could charm you today. Where is my son?" he was grinning from ear to ear upon hearing Yeoul's voice at the end of the line. Just a perfect way to celebrate their Billboard winning.

She chuckled softly "Minyeol is sleeping, he woke up quite early to stream the award online. And you should see his unending whine demanding your face to appear on screen. He is proud of his appa" his heart danced in joy.

"If he's awake, tell him I will be back soon and I love him"

"I will..Comeback soon, we miss you..I miss you.." she confessed.

Jimin bit his lower lips trying to surpass himself from smiling like an idiot "I miss you more Yeoul.. I will be back soon and maybe we can go out for a real date, I promise" just then he heard Taehyung whistled at the corner. What a perfect time to ruin his moment with Yeoul.

Taehyung put on his shirt and slipped beside Jimin swiftly, snatching the phone away from him "Na Yeoul! I miss you, and don't worry about Jimin. He is not staring at girl's chest even though the celebs here dressed provocatively, his eyes still saint.Kim Taehyung protects this mochi from evil forces" Jimin smacked his arm with a death glare.

"DONT SAY WEIRD THING TAE! Don't trust him Yeoul, he is high!" Jimin exclaimed.

Yeoul was baffled "Wow, that is too much details Taehyung. Now you are making me think the possibilities" she stifled her laughter as she could hear Taehyung and Jimin bicker over the phone.

After so much struggle and unnecessary fight, Jimin got back his phone and kicked Taehyung off the bed causing him to land flat on the ground with a whimper "Park Jimin you wait. I will get you back for this" he gritted his teeth while rubbing his sore bottom.

Jimin just rolled his eyes ignoring whiny Taehyung and quickly diverted his attention back to Yeoul "Jims.. go sleep, it is pretty late there right? You must be tired" her concerned voice soothed his tiredness.

"I am alright, your voice heals everything" he cooed.

Yeoul cringed at his corny remarks "Dont start Jim, just don't. Go sleep I am serious. I bet you have more things to after this, you guys just won something grand. Have a good rest, you don't want to upset your fans" she hushed him to hit the sack.

His lips quirked into a slight pout "Fine, I will sleep. You too, don't tire yourself. I will be back after Sydney tour, so see you soon alright?I love you" she felt her cheeks heated at those last phrase. She still could hear Jimin's breath at the end of line, indicating he was waiting for her reply.

Yeoul calmed her racing heart before she lost her sanity "Mmm.. I love you too.." she finally said it after five years. Jimin clutched onto his phone tight while pumping his fist in excitement, he didn't expect to hear this from her. Was he dreaming?

They finally hung up, after that shy confession. Truthfully, they felt like a high schooler again, confessing love to your first love. She smiled to herself thinking how lucky she was to have Jimin in his life.

"Oh god now how am I going to face him" Yeoul buried face in her hand, turning into a ripe tomato.

Jimin threw his tired boy on the bed with a foolish grin. He couldn't get over her sweet voice whispering the three words 'I love you..' he subconsciously murmur earning a wary gaze from Jungkook and Taehyung.

"What is wrong with him?" Taehyung whispered at the younger one. Jungkook just shrugged and continued to play games in his phone, but his lips was tugged into a small smile. He was sure the reason to Jimin's stupid smile nowadays was due to Yeoul.