Not Bad For A Guy With ChopStick Thighs

Jesse hadn't managed to get out of the room before Madam came back. She then proceeded to stare at him with a fierce glare until he left. His last words being,

"Check back in tomorrow." Then quickly racing out of the door before Madam actually used her cane on someone instead of walking. She proceeded to yell at me for laying on the ground. Something I had done after I left form.

I explained to her that I was just practicing a dance I had created. She immediately demanded to see it. After showing her, as always, she listed off things that were awful, things that could've been better, and things that were just fine if I fixed all the other moves I had messed up. Which then led into me doing the dance for the next six hours...

It was now about ten o'clock and after having finished school, I was not in the mood to dance. I didn't want to do it. I wanted to sleep. Preferably forever.

I ended up at dance. Like always whenever I don't feel like going to dance, when all I want to do is watch movies all day and binge on junk food. I end up at dance. I stretch along the floor when the door slams open.

Madam enters, dragging in a barre taller than I am.

"You keep slamming that door and you might break it, madam." I try and warn her as politely as possible. She scoffs, ignoring me. She moves the barre directly in front of where I'm sitting on the floor.

"Get up," She speaks firmly. I bite back a sigh and stand in front of the barre. "Stretches." She orders, walking to the CD player. A random song from Bach starts playing as I grip the bottom handle of the barre, sliding into third position.

Tendu front, Tendu side, Tendu back.

From the corner of my eye I saw Madam standing stiffly in the corner. Watching me carefully. I inhale deeply.

Degage front, Degage side, Degage back.

I brought my leg a little higher, eyeing the top barre knowing that is where my leg needed to be.

Grade Battement Front, Grande Battement Side, Grande Battement Back.

I kicked my leg up, almost reaching the top barre. I am short, but I need to kick my leg so far upwards, that it kicks my shoulder. I silently slide into first position, not needing her to instruct me on every little thing anymore.

Demi Pile in first, Full Pile in first.

I liked stretches. They let you move more easily, they make difficult moves more easier.

Demi Pile in second, Full Pile in Second.

I kept myself in Full Pile, stretching my hamstrings.

"Now lift." She demanded, her voice loud, commanding me to get my leg to that top barre.

I slide my leg to face the barre, moving my leg clockwise, raising myself on point and resting the back of my heel on the top barre.

I breathed heavily, smiling at myself. I look down and my smile widens. I did it. This was the hardest barre I had ever done.

"Knock Knock." A sudden voice sounded. I jump, my foot slipping before I quickly stand on point once again. I exhale sharply. I carefully unhook my leg and turn to look at... Jesse.

"Oh. It is him..." the distaste clear in Madams voice. Jesse grins, giving her a sweet little wave.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, placing my hands on my hips.

"Nice leg thing by the way." He comments.

"What are you doing here, Jesse?" I ask in a sing-song voice, walking to the my water bottle laying against the wall.