Chapter 35: True Intentions

(Y/n) was walking along the hallway as the boys followed behind her, smiling like lunatics except for Yamato who held a straight face. Although he felt great joy inside, he refused to let the girl feel the satisfaction of seeing her effect on him. They all tried to have a conversation with her as soon as she began to sit down in the student council room, but she ignored them, working on some papers.

Narahashi began to occasionally peek over at the girl, making sure that the boys were staying in line. Of course, they typically kept to themselves, aside from Rei's usual physical contact with her. He tried to play it off as if it was accidental, but no one believed him and he was ridiculed about it via the brunette he liked to target.

"How the tables have turned," Yamato said, sticking his tongue out, "Anyway, keep your hands to yourself, yeah?"

"Oh?" Rei said, stretching out the word, "Well, since (Y/n) is mine, doesn't that mean that she is a part of me? And doesn't that mean I can touch her as much as I want?"

With that final question, he began to walk up behind the girl and grabbed her chest repeatedly with a cocky smirk. He only got to do it a few times before the rest of the boys aggressively shoved him away. The girl hugged around her chest and ran away, her face bright red.

"Dumbass!" Yamato growled, pushing down his head aggressively, "You have any idea of what you just did?! She's not yours! You don't get to touch her!"

"Don't treat her like that!" Takuya objected, hitting him in the chest as hard as he could, "Look how upset you made her!"

Akari and Shota didn't say anything, they just looked at him with great disappointment. The redhead even let out an angry sigh, massaging his temples as if the blonde gave him a massive headache from his actions. Akari tried to conceal his emotions, simply looking through the album on his camera.

Haru pouted, as per usual, and began to mutter under his breath, most likely some kind of whining. At least, that was how Shota felt about it. It was annoying, almost more so than usual to the redhead, but he tried to ignore it and focus more on Rei's pathetic actions. Narahashi, on the other hand, didn't know what to do except run off after (Y/n).

"Of course, of course!" Shota shouted, getting more upset with every word he uttered, "Of course he gets to be the hero! You imbeciles! Pay attention to the big picture! What do you think is going to happen if he comforts her after your screw up?! Why can't I be the hero for once?!"

"Yeah, well, if we don't book it, Akari's getting there before us. He just took off and since he's the wild child, I doubt any of us will catch up to him if we're just standing around!" Haru said as he began to run, pointing ahead to the blonde ahead of him.

Akari threw back a silly grin at the others, saluting as he ran far ahead of them. The other ran after him, cursing him for running before them, yet he didn't slow down. Instead, he just sped up, finding himself in between (Y/n) and Narahashi.

He was given a glare from the blue-haired male and judging from the amount of hatred in his eyes, he was not happy with his presence. Akari couldn't have cared less, and began to stick his tongue out at the boy, standing behind the (h/c) girl who was unaware of the tension in the air.

"Idiot, stop running off ahead," Shota panted, trying to catch his breath.

He began to hunch over, attempting to breathe in a controlled manner in which he tried to remain composed. The only one that wasn't out of breath besides Akari was Yamato who seemed perfectly content. He even stretched his arms behind his back, giving a little sigh of relief. It'd been a while since he'd had a good run.

(Y/n) hid behind the boy, noticing that he had the biggest build out of all of the guys. She attempted to avoid Rei's gaze but it was near impossible as he attempted to move around the brunette to see the girl. He pouted, noticing she was actively avoiding him for what he'd just done to her.