57.

Imperial Decree

THERE are many unpredictable things that will come at you without warning, good or bad. Your actions will lead to your fate. It is said that a person's fate remain at a person's own hands. Yan Gen doesn't believe it, how can he believe it now when everything is going the wrong way. What did he do wrong to deserve this? He isn't malicious or vicious like the original host. In his past life, although he's a bit perverted, he didn't commit a grievous sin. Hell, he haven't been in a club party before.

     Yan Gen doesn't get it, what's the purpose of him being here? Is it to change Wei Zhilan's fate or to gain the love of the male lead? What right does she have to demand something to him when she herself ruined his reputation and body to have slept with a man he hated? What right?! Yan Gen was fuming in anger.

      Early in the morning at the Wei estate, three days after the banquet in the palace. Head Eunuch Gu arrived at their door, carrying an Imperial Decree. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it is an imperial decree without doubt.

      It won't be a big deal if it were any other Eunuch in the palace, but this Eunuch Gu is the personal Eunuch of his majesty. His most trusted servant, and he is carrying an imperial decree to the Wei estate. Base on this alone, it was apparent the decree he's carrying is of greatest importance. An imperial decree that can greatly effect the Wei clan.

      Yan Gen didn't see such a decisive event to happen and his heart immediately quicken.

       Cold sweat immediately broke out of his body. It's perceptible that something unpleasant was about to happen.

       Could it be a marriage decree for him to enter the back palace to join the old emperor's harem? Or the Wei clan's extermination after their bad deeds was found out? Either way, none of these possibilities were good. He ought to end his life if any of those became true. To him, an imperial decree is not a good sign.

       “Prepare to receive his majesty's decree!”

      Upon at the arrival of Head Eunuch Gu, all of the Wei clan members and servants alike gather at the entrance of the gate and kneeled to receive the imperial decree.

      Contrary to his expression, the clan members in the Wei main estate wore an expression of joyful accomplishment. As if they've been waiting for this to happen.

     With a resounding resolute voice, the Eunuch announced “Wei Zhilan of the Wei house possess great talents, has an exceptional beauty, virtous and kind. Worthy to be the daughter-in-law of the imperial family. Hence, she's granted to marry the fifth prince of Heshuo Qinwang

        (Heshuo qinwang (hošo-i cin wang; 和硕亲王; 和碩親王; héshuò qīnwáng), commonly simplified to qinwang, translated as "Prince of the First Rank" or "Prince of the Blood".)

       For the second time, Yan Gen received an earth shattering blow, heaven and earth have fallen into him. His breath got caught up in his throat and his ears buzzed. It feels like his blood is running in reverse. Did he heard right? What ‘Granted to marry the fifth prince’? When did he ask for the fifth prince? Ever since he came in this world, he stopped courting the fifth prince. Even saying to his family that he lost interest towards him. No longer mentioning him after that.

        He tried many ways to avoid him only to be cornered. Could it be that Zhu Mingli asked for the Emperor to grant him a marriage?

      Yan Gen's whole body turned cold, he stared in a trance, unable to believe what he heard. His rosy lips parted in a gape. Why did the Emperor let one of his sons to marry into the Wei clan? Wouldn't it be a threat to him to have a powerful clan behind a prince?

        “Lan-er... you should receive the edict and thank his majesty” Yan Gen snapped out of his swirling thoughts at Wei Furen's call and pinch at the side of his waist. He did as told, receiving the edict in a kneeling position “Many thanks to his majesty's decree. This humble one is greatly honored” Honored my ass. I'm about to vomit a mouthful of blood.

      Wei Furen invited Head Eunuch Gu in their estate to rest for a bit, going as far as to give him a large sum of tips. The Wei main estate seems to have burst in festivities because of the imperial decree they have received.

      Yan Gen is too shaken to care shout other things, he marched straight into his courtyard, not looking or talking to anyone. He rolled open the decree when he arrived in his chamber. Reading it over and over again. His mind is unwilling to accept it, still thinking that the Eunuch must be mistaken at his delivery. However, no matter how many times he read it, the name Wei Zhilan cannot be replaced to Li Mei of the Prime Minister house of Li.

       He wants to rip the imperial decree into pieces, yet unable to, knowing the harsh consequences of it. His mind wandered back to Wei Yuu's words “It's already too late”.

      Too late. Is this what he means?

      Before going back home from the banquet, Wei Yuu and him rode on the same carriage. “Why did you go with me? We don't live at the same estate” He began interrogating him.

       Only then did Yan Gen remembered. He was just so desperate to get away from the situation, and Wei Yuu's appearance was like his salvation thus he followed him as he got inside his carriage.

        “Lan-er, do you think I'm a saint? You shouldn't casually come with me as you pleased” Yan Gen crinkled his nose in annoyance. “I don see anything wrong with it. We're cousins and we're close. It's not like this is the first time we're together at the same place”

          “There are differences” he crossed his arms as he defyingly glare at Wei Yuu “So you want me to get out of your carriage right now?” They're already out of the palace. The carriage is now going through the semi-lit street in the middle of the night.

        Wei Yuu frostly stared at him, far from his usual gentle demeanor. Yan Gen felt a cold hand wrapped itself around his wrist and with a sudden pull, he fall into his arms. “We've been together, yes. But we were never alone. Now you're alone with me inside the carriage in the middle of the night. You tell me, what do you think I should do, hmmm?” He whispered in his ears, his hot breath made Yan Gen's ears redden. Goosebumps ran all over his body as the atmosphere in the carriage thicken.

     Using his jade like slender fingers, Wei Yuu cupped Yan Gen's chin, his thumb stroking his luscious red lips “What did the first prince told you” his silky voice sounded hoarse and restrained, the calmness in his eyes were turning into a raging flame of desire. Yan Gen stared up at him, openly admiring the androgynous man before him. His eyes are twinkling in the dim light of the carriage. “Darling... If you keep on staring at me like that, I might not be able to hold back anymore”

*Boom, I have finally dropped the bombshell. Yan Gen is now engaged to the fifth prince, will they get married or will Yan Gen run away with the man he love?

I still can't decide. I might partner them all up to Yan Gen, giving him a harem of men. LMAO 😂

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer