Chapter Fourteen [Lost & Found]

A L I J A H

I woke up to the feeling of someone playing in my hair and opened my eyes seeing Jesse as he smirked and kissed my cheek. I knew I must of looked so ugly right now but I didn't care I quickly sat up but regretted it as soon as I felt the pain of my C- Section.

"Be careful, you took care of me now I gotta take care of you" he smirked. I looked him over not seeing any spots and smiled pulling him closer to me hugging him tightly.

"I wanted you here when they cut me open, I was so scared" I whined and he chuckled. I delivered our daughter Ajani almost two days ago and she was finally allowed outside the incubator because she weighed three pounds and eight ounces.

"I wanna hold her now" Jesse said kissing me as he walked over to the sink and began washing his hands. I hadn't let anybody hold her because I wanted him to be the second person to hold her, I don't know if that's selfish or not but I didn't care.

My nurse came in and helped him making sure he was holding her the right way as he sat down in a chair and held her protectively.

She was more than likely going to stay in the hospital a little longer because they want her to put on some more weight so hopefully by the time I'm done resting here I'll be able to take her home with me.

Ajani was really quiet and really only cried when she was hungry or wanted to be changed. I was so scared to hold her because I didn't want to break her but Jesse was like a natural.

"She perfect, thank you for this" he said quietly glancing up at me and I fanned my eyes to keep from crying. I watched as he pulled her beanie off slightly so he could see her head full of hair before he fixed it.

"She looks more like you than she does me, it's not fair" I mumbled playfully rolling my eyes and he chuckled.

"She got your nose though, she got my lips and my eye shape" he teased not taking his eyes off her and she remained peaceful as Elias and Calvin walked in smacking their teeth.

"Well damn am I ever gonna get to hold her? It's been two days and she so cute man" Elias complained sitting down in a chair next to Jesse and he leaned down kissing Ajani's forehead.

"Don't be kissing on her you know how many germs you got?" Jesse questioned as Ajani's body trembled slightly by the sound of them talking.

Jesse carefully stood up as he walked over to my bed and laid down with me propping himself up and she began to cry at the sudden movements he was making.

"See now we never gonna get to hold her" Cal complained as my parents and uncle walked in. My mom took a picture of the three of us in bed and I covered my face not wanting to look ugly, child birth was not what I expected and I was scared to get pregnant again.

Ajani continued to cry as she made a sucking gesture with her mouth and I slowly took her from Jesse's arms and once she was settled I began to unsnap my hospital gown.

"Ew what are you doing!" Elias called out covering his eyes as I mugged him. It took awhile to get her to latch on to my nipple and when she did Jesse looked at me shocked.

"Since when did this happen?" He questioned and I didn't answer him right away. I was trying to see if she was actually getting the milk out.

"The nurse helped me get started yesterday when she first got taken out of the incubator. I'm going to breastfeed her" I tell him and he nodded.

I saw the flash on my moms camera go off and I looked up at her again trying not to laugh, it hurt to much.

"Mom stop being a creep, can you pretty please go get me something to eat?" I begged poking out my bottom lip.