Chapter Thirteen

"Pass the jam, please, Lili. Lili?"

I look up to see my mom staring at me with a confused look on her face.

"Um... Please pass the jam..." She says.

I laugh a little and apologize for not paying attention very well. I hand her the jar of jam that I've been holding for a while now.

"Are you... Are you feeling okay?" My mom asks me, narrowing her eyes.

"I'm perfectly fine, Mom. Why do you ask?" I smile at her without thinking.

"You've been spreading that jam over your waffle for about five minutes and smiling at the wall," she observes. "It's a boy, isn't it?"

A boy? Drew. He's a boy. He's a very attractive and funny and nice and had those eyes.... Oh, he's a boy alright.

"Lili?" My mom asks, laughing a bit.

"Yeah?" I ask, picking up my waffle with my hands and biting into it.

"What's his name?" She asks.

There's a knock at the door. I sit up quickly and my head whips around. There's a figure standing in the door. As soon as I see the hand go through his hair, I know who it is.

"Drew."

I throw my waffle onto the table cloth and run my fingers through my hair while walking to the door. I take a deep breath before opening the door.

"Hey, Lili," Drew says with a bright smile.

"Hi," I reply. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?"

"You know, I thought to myself... I thought,'It's a Monday. Nobody likes Mondays. Why don't we wait until Tuesday to go to school?'" He winks at me.

"Are you suggesting we ditch school?" I ask with a smirk.

"Yes. Of course, you must have heard that Brendan asked us all to meet at his house tonight to hang out, so we'll be there in time for that," he explains.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea," my mom's voice comes from behind me. I flip around and find her standing in the doorway a few feet back. She winks at me.

"Then, it's settled," Drew says.

"Um... Could I maybe get dressed first?" I ask, looking down at my Mountain Dew T shirt and sweats.

"Yeah, just meet me down here when you're done," he tells me.

I run up the stairs, being careful not to trip on any steps, then open my bedroom door and immediately go to my closet. Dress? No. Skirt? No. Jeans? Yes! Those dark ones are cute. I grab a blue top and grey flats before throwing everything on. I brush out my hair and throw it in a braid, then I wash my face and put on minimal makeup.

By the time I'm downstairs, Drew's sitting on the couch talking to my mom. They both look up and smile when they see me. I feel immediately worried about what my mother was saying to him.

"Hi...." I say cautiously, looking between the two of them.

"Shall we?" Drew asks, standing up and holding out his hand.

I nod my head with a smile before putting my hand in his. We exit the house with a short goodbye to my mom, and walk down the steps and towards his car. He opens my door for me and waits until I'm all the way inside to close it. I buckle my seatbelt and he starts the car when he gets in the other side.

"Where exactly are we going?" I ask, looking at him curiously.

"You'll see," he replies, backing out of the driveway. He turns left and starts driving. Keeping one hand on the steering wheel, he takes me left hand in his own.