Arc 4.3

Edited by Radhika1303

Since there was one more month left before the contract with his current agency expired, Shi Shen quickly tossed the side task to the back of his head.

Because his group was disbanded, Ye Xie recently moved out of the company's dorm not long ago and rented a small apartment.

Shi Shen unlocked the door and pushed it open.

‘’Meow~’’

A little furball was seen sitting in the hallway eagerly waiting for his return.

Shi Shen had already known that Ye Xie raised a Scottish fold ear cat so he was not surprised to see the little guy.

After closing the door, he bent down to lift the little furball up to be the same level as his eyes.

It could be said that Shi Shen only let his guard down in front of two things.

Little children and animals.

Since they were simple-minded and the latter was even more loyal than humans.

Back in those days, Shi Shen did raise a dog to relieve his boredom and he admitted that it was effective. He even became fond of it.

However, the days after losing it were not pleasant.

Therefore, Shi Shen stopped raising a pet afterward.

He didn’t want to experience those feelings back then again but unexpectedly, he got to experience a similar sensation not long ago.

Shi Shen has never thought of himself as a coward, that word did not suit him. However, he recently realized that he has been one since the beginning.

He kept on feeding himself excuses so that he could stay away in order not to get hurt.

‘’Meow~’’

Xiao Jie cutely meowed when he saw that his owner got distracted and still maintained him in midair without doing anything.

Shi Shen's eyes crinkled as he gave a low chuckle,’’Hungry, aren’t you? Daddy will give you dinner soon.’’

Fortunately, a certain man didn’t see this scene or else he might start to question whether his own existence was even beneath that of a domestic animal.

Anyways, after taking off his shoes and putting on slippers Shi Shen picked up Xiao Jie and carried him in his arms. Xiao Jie playfully kneaded his paws on his owner’s shirt as he meowed a few times gaining a few strokes on his belly by the beautiful owner.

Xiao Jie's eyes squinted in satisfaction: Life is so good ah~

While drying his hair, Shi Shen turned on his phone and almost immediately, a call came through.

He hasn’t even greeted the other end yet when an anxious voice quickly rang out,’’Ge, are you okay?!’’

Shi Shen leisurely raised his brows before unhurriedly saying,’’It is already past midnight and you haven’t gone to bed yet?’’

Ye Xun almost blew up his top once he heard that his big brother still had the time to reprimand him,’’I have been calling you since yesterday but you have never picked up! Mom almost reports to the police, okay?!’’

The original owner was too embarrassed to talk to his family regarding his group’s disband so after leaving a short message he instantly turned off his phone.