Chapter 41: Love

Cassie's point of view:

I think we have some things to talk about.

Why is that the scariest sentence I've ever heard?

I inhale sharply, but I nod my head at Aaron, giving him a small smile.

I think I have a pretty good idea of what he wants to talk about, and it's making the hairs on the back of my neck rise.

Tiffany said he broke up with her, which means he's open for me to date.

I know I should be happy, but all I can think about is what this is going to end up like.

We're going to talk, and now that he's not dating Tiffany anymore, he's going to want to date me, and...

And I'm going to mess it up, just like I mess almost everything else up.

But, in order to keep my cool and not show just how nervous about this talk I am, I widen my smile and turn around to hop to the table.

As I hop, I hear him move closer until I'm being lifted off the ground.

The other times he's done this, I felt a radiating warmth at every point our bodies touched.

Now, I feel a fire.

A forest fire in the middle of a drought.

A big burning ball of molten fucking lava ignites inside me, and I feel the temperature of the room climb higher. I have to resist the urge to throw myself out of his arms.

After setting me down in a seat, he takes the one next to me, and I sigh in relief once my brain processes the fact that he's not touching me anymore.

My fucking hormones are all over the place; if I'm not careful I'll probably jump him right here and strip him down, just to see his chest muscles.

I mean, his muscles do be looking pretty good.

I want to cry.

What the fuck are these feelings inside me right now?

I swear I'm all over the place.

Aaron opens his mouth to speak, but a sneeze rips through my body.

And I feel a little trickling of wetness in between my thighs.

No.

Please don't tell me it's time.

I squeeze my eyes shut as I push back from the table and start to hop as fast as I can towards the stairs.

Fuck me. Fuck me in the asshole in the depths of fucking hell. Fuck.

"Cassie?" Aaron asks, his voice filled with worry. "What's wrong? Did I do something? If you don't want to talk we can-"

"Just stay there," I yell over my shoulder as I continue hopping, now going up the stairs. "I'll be right back."

I manage to make it all the way to my bathroom, and I shut and lock the door, hobbling over to the toilet.

I pull down my shorts and panties and sit down, my eyes shut as I steel myself.

God, if you're listening, I promise I'll go to church next Sunday, I'll pray every day, I won't make fun of Cole anymore...

Yeah, that's never gonna happen, but please, don't let there be blood.

I open my eyes and look down at my underwear.

Everything in me drops when I see the red stain.

Fuck.

I manage to open my cabinets, and my stomach sinks once I see no boxes of pads or tampons.