drugin' | fifty one.

𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘

               "You wanting to do that is fucking ignorant

               "You wanting to do that is fucking ignorant."

Sitting on the quilted, leather sectional accompanying her living room, both Anissa and Sino gaze stayed planted on Shantey, who perturbedly paced back and forth in front of them. After listening to the voicemail from Amanda; she immediately called both of them over to her house and let them listen. Shantey vocalized this plan of going back to her hometown and get her best friend because that's what they are known to do for one another; save each other.

However, Sino and Anissa thought that was a horrible idea.

"She right," Sino leaned forward; elbows leaning on his knees, "You can't just go running back there and pay dude thinkin' shit over from there. Didn't you pay him the first time and he still onnat?"

"Because her paying the first time was only giving him the green light that you will pay however much for her," Anissa released a frustrated breath, "Do you remember who you are? If you keep doing this; it's going to come a time where he say fuck the money and go public about this. Your career would really be fucking over. You're not that little Tulsa girl no more; doing regular shit. You're a Shantey Ledé!"

"What do you suggest I do, Anissa?" Questioning frustratedly, she stopped pacing and faced her blood relative, "Let her stay with him and say fuck it? That's sumthin I cannot do. She's my best friend. You don't know what type of guy Allen is the way she and I do. He will—" her words caught in the back of her throat and she swallowed them not wanting to think about attending a funeral for her best friend.

Sino looked at the distress in her bicolored eyes and sighed. "Aight, look," he began to say, "let me handle this. I remember where dude club is—"

"So you can get hurt?" Anissa quipped interjecting his words, "No. Nobody needs to be putting themselves in the line of fire."

"I'm not gone be doin' nothin'..." He voiced in assurance, "I know people; who know people. We can do it dis way so Shantey name ain't linked wit dis shit. Amanda gon' be back wit us."

"One thing I know about Allen; he not about to spill shit to no tabloids," Shantey voiced in affirmation, "It's too much like narcing in his eyes."

"It does not matter—"

"My mind isn't changing about getting her back here," Shantey spoke in a final tone, interrupting her relative's upcoming speech.

Raising her hands in surrender, Anissa shook her head and leaned back against the sectional. Telling both women he would be right back, Sino trudged out the front door to shoot phone calls. Stressfully, Anissa rubbed her temples and released a long breath.

"Out of all the clients I have... none stress me out as much as you do."

Shantey gaze landed on her relative, "You never liked Amanda... I ain't expect you to understand."