Chapter 25: King of Valeria

Hey guys! Just a quick note before this chapter; firstly the drawing above is one of the concepts, it's during one of the earlier chapters when Obi-Wan first arrived in Eagle's fall. Secondly I would like to tell you that the manner in which Lyanna treats Eric in this chapter is the correct way in which to approach people in  dire medical need, so take notes my darlings and maybe it'll come in handy someday.

"Father?!" I collected all the remaining strength I had to get back up. Stars covered my vision but I ignored them, determined to reach my father who was lying a few yards away in a puddle of his own blood. Nausea immediatelly erupted in my stomach and I struggled to keep standing, almost tripping over my own two feet as my legs slowly started to give up.

"Lyanna, he needs help, now!" I heard Aidan's voice and noticed that he'd already reached my fathers side. I could barely make out his face even from a few feet away as I stumbled. Just when I fell back on my knees and was about to vomit, Obi-Wan caught me and kept me standing.

"Anakin, try to look for another medic!" He said as he held me tightly, one arm wrapped before my chest to keep me from going any further. 

"No, I can do this." I mumbled as my eyes threatened to close and my stomach was doing flips. Red covered my vision, confusing me as I reached up with my hand. It came back red and only then did I realize that I was bleeding badly.

"You're in no condition, princess." Obi-Wan whispered as he tried to keep me from going to my father. "You can barely keep yourself standing." 

My vision somewhat cleared as I fought against the pain in my head. "He's my father." I narrowed my eyes at Obi-Wan and pushed him away, making my way towards my father and basically falling down on my knees before him.

"Lyanna." He opened his eyes slightly, his hand grasping for the wound on his chest. It was on the far left, just below his armpit. I had hoped that it'd missed his heart, but the blood flowing from the wound and the condition my father was in made me fear I was wrong. Eric sighed deeply as he closed his eyes again. "Listen to me closely, now." 

"No, I don't want you to talk." I said determingly as I listened to him breathing. Firstly I needed to make sure he could breath through his airway, because that's what kills first. When I heard no weird sounds and knowing he could talk I moved on to the next step; the breathing itself. It was fastened, and his chest wasn't rising enough for him to properly get the oxygen he needed. 

"It's too late." Eric tried to hold my hand but I swatted it away.

"Is he going to be all right?" Aidan nudged me impatiently. 

"He's not going to be if you distract me!" I snapped at him and then quickly proceeded. From the corner of my eye I saw Aidan get up and pace in front of us. Obi-Wan took his place on the other side of my father and watched as I did my work. 

Circulation. I closed my eyes for a moment to get rid of all the emotions and feelings I had and to focus. When I opened them again, I looked at my father and saw that his skin was pale. He was loosing too much blood, I noted, and when I pressed against his forehead the blood didn't flow back fast enough. I tried to feel his pulse but it was weak and irregular, fighting against the urge to stop. His heart was giving up too.

"Keep pressure on that wound." I commanded Obi-Wan and he immediatelly did as he was told but his worried gaze remained on my face. 

"Princess." He said in a calming tone. "It's over." 

"No it's not!" I tried to fight against the tears but they were blinding my vision. I wiped them away furiously and then reached for my medkit, pulling out a large tube which I could use to draw my blood to my father. "He just needs blood."