Chapter eight: Shattered glass

Lillian was sitting in her house, reading every single book she owned about sleeping cures. She yawned again as she felt two hands on her shoulders, resting her head against his chest as Peter held her. He had brought Luna and Liam to school a bit before so that Lily could continue to work on the sleeping curse of David and Snow. 

''You should rest, Lils.'' When she shook her head, he sighed, pulling her into his chest. ''Lil ... you need to get some sleep. You are wearing yourself thin. If you want, I can pick up where you left of, alright?'' She sighed as she gave a silent nod, allowing him to pick her up bridal style and put her on the couch. As soon as she was in his arms, she fell asleep, feeling safe there.

As he placed her down, he made a blanket appear in his hands, placing it around her and putting a kiss on her forehead, smiling as he brushed a string of hair away. 

''Sleep tight Tiger.'' 

As he thought, he didn't find anything either. It was getting frustrating and he threw the book through the room, starling Lillian awake. ''Oh, so sorry Love.'' She chuckled as she rubbed her eyes, checking her phone for the time.

''It's okay, I've slept for over three hours already anyways. I should be fine for the day.'' She lazily swung her feet over the couch, pulling the blanket off of her and turning to Peter. ''I take it as that you didn't find anything either?'' 

He shook his head as she came to sit next to him, placing her head on his shoulder as she closed her eyes for a moment. ''Maybe this time, we really can't help them. I think it's up to them this time.'' 

She looked at him, softly nodding at his words before he grabbed her chin, kissing her softly as she melted into the kiss, sitting on his lap as she played with his hair. Allowing them to be a set of teenagers just for a small moment again.

The two of them had made their way over to the loft, waiting alongside Killian, Snow and Henry for Emma and Regina to return. Regina had the plan to trap the evil queen behind the world of the mirror. 

''Mom. Did it work?'' All heads turned to the door, showing Regina walking into the loft as she gave a nod, smiling at her son.

''It worked. Henry, it worked. And I cannot tell you how good it feels. It's like I'm finally ... free.''

''I knew you could do it.''

''And Emma is she all right?''

''Oh, yeah, she's fine. She's driving to New York to look for the Dragon. -- She left you a voicemail.'' She said as she waved her hand to the phone, Lillian frowning at herself when a weird feeling entered her stomach. 

''Hey. It's me. The queen's gone, so I'm going to New York to find the Dragon. I might be away a few days. Please help my dad and fill in as sheriff, okay? Keep everybody safe. See you soon.''

''So, you really did it? You got rid of that monster?'' Snow asked as Regina's facial expression changed, softly chuckling as she tilted her head at Snow. 

''Oh, well, I'm not sure she was a monster.''

''Oh, yes, she was, Regina. I know she was once a part of you, but she was the worst part, and I am so happy that you ripped her out and threw her away. I am so proud of you.'' Snow hugged her, Lillian catching the expression Regina gave as she hugged her. 

Peter glanced at Lillian, indicating that he as well had seen the weird moment of the former queen, as he stepped closer to his wife, placing his arm around her shoulders. 

''That's so nice to hear. '' Regina Breathed deeply. before she looked at the others again. ''But we have someone else to worry about. Henry.''

''Me?''

''You have to get dressed for a dance.''

''Hey, that is my job!'' Lillian sprung onto her feet as Henry gave his mom a nod.

''Yeah ... I promised that Lily could pick it out for me, sorry mom.'' Lillian smiled as she took a tie from the counter, smiling as she held it in front of Henry's neck, nodding as she began to tie it. Missing the nasty look that Regina gave her. 

''This was actually your dad's ...'' Lily trailed off as she put it around his neck, smiling when he looked at her. ''And it suits you just as perfect.'' They smiled as Henry pulled her into a hug, thanking her as he did so. 

Lily walked Henry to Granny's in the evening as Baelfire and Peter were with the twins that evening. She smiled at him as they walked hand in hand to the cafe. 

''You have nothing to be nervous about Henry. Just keep being yourself, and just make sure not to step on her dress.'' He chuckled as he shook his head at her.

''Didn't Peter do that on the ball you guys went to?''

''Yes, he did ... and it ruined the entire night.'' He laughed as they stopped in front of the cafe, Lillian embracing him one more time before he went inside, Lillian waving him off as she left the street, walking towards her own house. 

Walking into the house, ducking away when a plate went for her head. Her head wiped around to see Liam and Luna standing there, both glancing at each other before pointing at the other and staring at their mother. 

Peter laughed as he stood on top of the stairs, walking downstairs as Lillian finally broke her glare, chuckling at them before grabbing the plate from the ground, feeling the magic surrounding it. 

Her eyes widened as she pulled her hand away, Baelfire frowning at her as he rushed to her, pulling her back onto her feet. ''Hey, hey, hey. Lily, what's wrong?'' 

''Mom, are you alright?'' 

''Mom? What's going on?'' 

Her eyes relaxed softly, staring at her brother as he lip trembled, him pulling her into her chest. ''Just calm down Lily, just calm down.'' He rubbed her back for a moment, Peter not fully understanding what was going on as he stared at the sister-brother duo, taking both of his kids into his arms. Seeing that the two of them were worried about their mother too. 

After Lily had calmed down again and after multiple glasses of water, Baelfire took her hand and listened carefully to her words. 

''It was like ... magic shocked all throughout my body, a bit like ... I don't really know. It was most likely just something with the dagger.'' Peter and Baelfire glanced at each other before Bae pushed his arm over her shoulders, allowing her to feel a bit more safe. Not fully understanding what had happened. 

Meanwhile, Henry knew very well what had happened. The Evil Queen had trapped Emma and Regina in the mirror and took the place of Regina. But Henry figured it out and destroyed the mirror, freeing Emma and Regina from the mirror. 

Hii there! Sorry for being absent for so long. Felt a bit down and had some important stuff to do. I hope ya'll forgive me! and please if you enjoyed this chapter, leave a vote, comment and ass my story to your reading list to stay updated. see you next week!

-X Violet's-library