4

I park my car in at the end of the parking lot right besides the library. It is pich black outside and the lights from inside the library are my only lighsource. This place always freaks me out. Now I regret not taking my father's offer to give me a ride.

The silence is too loud.

Quikly I make my way inside. The building where the library is located is pretty old. Sometimes the wooden floor cracks when I walk on it. The walls used to be white but now they have changed to an yellow ish color. Most of the books are covered in some dust and the only two workers are an old couple who have lived in this town their whole lives.

I slide my finger through all the books while silently looking for my book. My eyebrows furrow in confusion when I can't seem to find the book I need. The wood underneath me cracks a little when I walk up to another bookshelve. Once I find my book, I silently walk up to the old lady.

'Is that everything sweetie ?'
She smiles. 'Yes', I give her a warm smile back. The lady scans my book and hands it back to me.

'Thank you, have a nice day', I say as I leave the library.

'You too dear', I hear behind me.

~

The cold air hits my face when I leave the old building. The cold breeze feels comforting on my skin. With the book in my right hand I slowly walk to my car wich is parked at the end of the big parkinglot. This building also contains some offices and a restaurant wich was now closed for restoration wich explains why there was not a single soul in here.

Suddenly I freeze my tracks once I hear a sudden scary sound. It sounds more like a scream. I start shaking uncontrollably once I realise where it comes from. The screams come from the back of the parking lot, right where my car is placed.

I'm scared. I am absolutely terrified as I don't know what the fuck I should do. Going back to the library or running to my car and leaving this crazy place.

Silently I walk another way around the parking lot so that whoever is at the back won't see me. The screams are becoming louder with every step I take, it are screams of a man. Some man is screaming out in pain.

I walk up to the left side of my car as silent as I have ever been. Through the windows I see what is happening right twenty meters from the other side of my car. My knees start trembling even more when I see what is going on.

A tall figure is standing with his back faced to my car, right in front of another man that is currently screaming out in pain on the floor. He is holding his tummy in pain and somehow I have the need to suddenly throw up. I feel so bad for the man on the ground.

The tall man gives him another punch after saying something I couldn't make out. The man on the floor starts screaming even louder and I take that chance to quietly enter my car.

When I silently close the car door, I feel much saver. I lock my car before turninv my attention back to the two men.

Now I have to get the fuck out of here before he beats the shit out of me too. He keeps punching the poor guy. I feel like I at least should do something. If I leave now, they will see me and I don't want that guy coming for me.

I start breathing uncontrollably.

I'm fucking stuck in this mess.

Why why why didn't I go with my dad ? Why did I even go at al ? Couldn't I just stay home ? How the fuck will I ever get out of here without him noticing ?

Thousands of questions popp up inside my brain. But I can't seem to even answer one of them. The most important thing right now is getting my ass out of here.

I grab my phone out of my denim jacket and quikly start dialing the police's number while still observing the two men. The man has kneeled down to the other one and is whispering something in his ear. I can see the other one is too unconscious too even understand anything.

The man stands up and turns around to leave. It happens so fast. I didn't expect at all. Even more fear echoed through my whole body and I was ready to die. My gaze turned to his and our eyes clicked immediately.

I was looking into those beautiful eyes I had seen before.

It felt as if everything suddenly disappeared and we were in art class again. The first time I had actually looked at River West, I didn't think the rumors were true. This comfirmed every fucking thing I had ever heard about him. But I couldn't do anything when his eyes pierced into mine.

His eyes grow a little wider when he saw me sitting in the car. He knows I saw everything. I observe his bloody hands and the unconscious man on the ground who I pray isn't dead.

My phone that is placed against my right ear falls out of my hand.

'Hello ?'
The police officer's voice echoes through the whole car but I didn't care anymore.

River seems to realise what is happening.

He grabs something out of his pocket. That something is a sharp knife. A wave of fear runs through my whole body as he points it at me. His thick lips form one word.

'Run.'

With one last glance at River, I roar out of the parking lot.

~

My hands are trembling as I try to pick up the phone from my lap.
'Sorry for calling', I quikly hang up before hearing any response. I don't care about the police right now.

River is the only thing I could think about. He is going to kill me.

Somehow I make it home. I practically run out of my car into my house. I lock all the doors and I check it multiple times. My knees are weak and my hands are still trembling. My mind still can't comprehend what just happend.

I practically race up the stairs. My room is the same mess as I left it but for once I don't give to fucks about it. I just lay down on my bed and I stare at the ceiling. My inner thoughts are killing me. To say I'm absolutely terrified of what just happend is an understatement.

I don't want to go to school tomorrow.

Hell I don't even want to leave my room.

I have no idea know what will happen tomorrow.

~