Chapter 22

The next morning, Amber woke up in the late morning. She got out of bed and walked downstairs. She saw her father, sitting at the table, drinking coffee and reading the paper. "Good morning, Amber." Charlie said.

"Morning Dad." Amber said.  "Would you be willing to take me to the diner? I was kinda wanting to have chocolate chip pancakes this morning."

"Sure." Charlie said. "Let's go." Amber quickly went upstairs to put her wig on and put some makeup on, even though she's only wearing them to go out to the diner and will take it off as soon as she gets home. She came backdown.

"Ready." She said. She walked out of the house with her dad and got in the police cruiser.

A few minutes later, they were sitting in a booth at the diner. A waitress came over to them. "Hello Amber. Chief Swan." The waitress said. "What can I get you guys?"

"I'll have chocolate chip pancakes with scrambled eggs and orange juice, please." Amber said.

"What about you, Chief?" The waitress asked.

"Nothing for me." Charlie said.

"Your order will be right out." The waitress said. After a couple minutes, Amber had her meal.

"So, where's Bella this morning?" Amber asked as she ate.

"She's spending the day in La Push." Charlie said. Amber nodded. "When we get home, I'm heading back out." Charlie said. "Some of us are getting together to hunt down those wolves."

"Ok." Amber said.

"So, do you have any plans for today?" Charlie asked.

"Not really." Amber said. "I'm a little tired today, so I think I'm just going to hang out around the house and take it easy. Maybe get some homework done."

"At least you have an appetite today." Charlie said.

"Yeah. Doesn't happen very often, anymore." Amber said. "That's why I asked if we could come here. I was hungry this morning."

"Well, I'm glad to see you have an appetite today." Charlie said. After Amber finished eating, they went back to the house. "I'm heading back out." Charlie said as Amber got out of the car.

"Be careful." Amber said.

"Always am." Charlie said. "Are you going to be ok here alone?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Amber said.

"Call me if you start to feel worse." Charlie said.

"I will." Amber said before going into the house.

Throughout the day, Amber just chilled around the house. She spent part of the day watching tv and movies. It was currently late afternoon and Amber was sitting at the kitchen table, working on homework. Just then, Amber's phone started to ring. "Hello?" She said, answering the phone.

"Amber. It's Jacob." Jacob said.

"What's up?" Amber asked.

"Something happened to Bella." Jacob said.

"What happened?" Amber asked.

She jumped off a cliff and started to drown, until I pulled her out of the water."

"Is she ok?" Amber asked.

"She's fine." Jacob answered. "I took her back to my place and she's sleeping."

"Do you want me to come over?" Amber asked.

"No. I'll bring her home when she wakes up." Jacob said.