AT LEAST YOU AREN'T ABOUT TO DIE

"Woah, what is this place?" Ned said in amazement, peering out the window as the jet descended hours later. Peter had rejoined his friends in the main body of the jet when Happy told him they would be landing soon, and it appeared that whatever MJ had been yelling at Brad about had paid off; he was on his best behavior.

"It looks cold," MJ noted. "Like my heart." The edge of Peter's mouth quirked upward in amusement at that comment and he found himself gazing down at where they were about to land. The ground was blanketed in snow and, aside from a small cottage, there didn't seem to be any buildings anywhere. Certainly not enough space for everyone on this jet, but definitely secluded enough that they should all be safe.

The jet landed with a small jolt and a moment later Happy came through to where everyone was still seated. "Okay everyone," he said. "We're at our safe location. We're not going to tell you where it actually is for, you know, safety reasons. It is very cold outside so I'm going to give you all jackets to wear and well be going as a group straight to that cottage, alright? No dawdling."

"We're hardly going to fit in there, what's the point in that?" Flash complained, bending to look out of one of the jets small windows.

"You'll fit, trust me," Wanda said, appearing from behind Happy. She had been travelling up the front with Happy, May and Peter for most of the ride and now appeared with an armful of heavy winter jackets. Without even looking at anyone or moving a muscle she passed the jackets out, ending with Happy and May. "Put those on and get ready to go."

As everyone shrugged into the jackets which were all too big, MJ shifted closer to Peter, seeking out his hand. "you know," she whispered. "It's kinda freaky not knowing where we are."

"You almost died last week and not knowing where you are is what you find freaky?" Peter asked.

"Sure," MJ shrugged. "That was freaky too but like, this is just more freaky."

"At least you aren't about to die."

"That's what everyone says right before the person they're talking about dies," MJ said in complete seriousness, eyes boring into Peter. He opened his mouth slightly to talk but couldn't find the right words. She let him struggle for a moment before letting up and smiling widely. "I'm kidding," she said. 

"Everyone, huddle up!" Happy called. Everyone did as they were told, Brad loudly complaining the whole time about having to stand so close to so many losers. "Hoods up," Happy instructed. Again everyone did as they were told and the door opened. "Stay close together and move quickly."

Freezing air and an even colder wind bit into their exposed skin as they stepped off the jet and starting making their way, still huddled closely together, towards the little cottage, Happy shushing Brad as he started to complain about the cold. Peter winced as someone stood on his foot, hesitating a moment so that Flash, right behind him, bumped right into him.

"Dude," Flash hissed. "You good?" Peter nodded awkwardly as Flash patted him on the back and they resumed their quick march towards the cabin, which was further than they had anticipated. By the time they reached the door, which was just a slab of metal with no apparent handle, everyone was shivering. Wanda steppe forward, focusing on the door for a moment before the sound of locks clicking and bolts sliding across met their ears and the door swung open. 

Wanda was the first through the door with everyone pushing in behind her, eager to get out of the cold. Unfortunately it wasn't much warmer inside, though the lack of wind was very welcoming. They seemed to be in the first room of the cottage when Happy slammed the door behind them, re locking and bolting everything. Once that was done Wanda opened the door on the other side of the room. 

They all filed through the new door into a little room that they barely all fitted in. It was furnished with a small table in once corner, a couple of chair and a bookshelf. Everyone stood where they could fit, confused as Wanda approached the bookshelf. She ran her finger along the top shelf of books until she found what she was looking for, pulling out a thick volume and opening it.

Peter stepped forward to look over her shoulder, wondering what was going on. Had any of the others done this, Wanda would have thrown them (lightly) across the room for prying, but she simply glanced at Peter with a smell smile and began to type into the keypad hidden inside the book.

The floor opened beneath them, dropping Betty, Flash, Brad, Ned and MJ a short drop onto a sightly padded floor - probably for this reason, Peter assumed. He and Wanda were safe where they had been standing beside the book case, as was Happy who had also pulled May back, anticipating what was going to happen.

"Well, that was interesting," Peter said, jumping easily down to join his friends and offering MJ a hand to help her up. "You okay?" She nodded, dusted herself off as the others groaned, trying to untangle their limbs from one another. Wanda jumped down beside Peter and waited until Happy and May had climbed down the ladder to press a button on the wall that closed the floor - which was now their ceiling - once again, sealing them in in utter darkness.

"Well, well well," a new voice said, accompanied by loud footsteps. Peter felt his skin tingling and stepped towards the sound of the voice, ready to protect his friends. As it turned out, he didn't need to. There was a click and lights that seemed far too bright blazed into life overhead. Peter looked towards the sound of the voice and saw a face framed by dark hair staring right back from the shadows. Peter blinked against the sudden brightness, trying to tell who it was.

"Look who decided to drop by!" The figure said, spreading his arms. Arm, singular, Peter noted. The other was clearly not real, though it moved as if it were. A grin spread across Peter's face.

He knew who this was.