Chapter 148: LK VI

There was no other place I could take her. None other than Shui Jing Mountain. Back to the cavern where we found the Star Gem, I built a platform out of stone and placed her body on top.

The dark cavern ceiling reflected a night sky of ethereal light. I knew that soon I would have to lay her to rest. I just wanted to watch her, imprint her image in my memory until we meet again.

The essence of the cave spiritually improved my inner powers and elevated my cultivation. The Star Gem inside my body responded well to the healing elements of the crystals.

I returned to Crimson Snow Valley for Wu Jing Ge, nursing him back to health at Shui Jing Mountain.

He was also mourning. His father died by Zhao Bao Bai's hands. When he was well enough, we buried his father in a grave next to his late mother. By then I knew it was time. I had to let the physical form of Na Li Jie go, so her spirit could be at rest.

I buried her at the tallest peak in Shui Jing Mountain. No one would be able to bother her. She'd prefer it if she was away from people and could greet the sunset and sunrise with the heightened view.

Remembering Na Li Jie's words, I had to live on for her. I promised that I won't waste her sacrifice.

"Wherever you go. I'll go." Wu Jing Ge says to me as we are dining inside a city tavern.

I'm shocked to hear him say something like that. He usually sought out his own pleasure, planning his own self-serving ambitions .

"Ah, are you sure?" I ask.

He gulps down his wine. "Aw. I mean it."

"Then... I'm glad to have you accompany me, Ge."

In this world, Wu Jing Ge and I have lost everyone we cared about. We really only had each other to depend on now.

We started traveling all around, helping out anyone who needs it all the while spreading good in Na Li Jie's name.

Wu Jing Ge barely complained or whined as he used to. It's almost as if his floundering ways have come to an end. He'd always seen the shadows of the world and was aware of the darkness in people's heart. As a child, he and his father were haunted down by the Immortal Sects after the fall of the Demon Sect. His mother was killed right in front of his eyes. He harbored a deep hatred for the Immortal Sects as did I. I believed his playful attitude  masked the pain from his troubled life, but now that his father was gone, he was truly lost.

After a month of travel, Wu Jing Ge and I stop for a meal at a street stall. The city we are visiting isn't the grandest, but had lively businesses and active people moving about in the center of the city.

A man drops the tip of his sheath on my shoulders as I was just about to take a drink of water.

"Are you the one going around spreading that disgraceful name?"

Wu Jing Ge is ready to strike. I hold up my hand to stop him, and he sits back down on the wooden stool.

I set my bowl of water down on the table, and say, "Who's asking?"

"Song Tian Qi." He doesn't move the covered sword off.

"Song? You're from Tuan Jie Sect. I should have known. Only you people are bold enough to start something with people you don't know."

"You are the one who mercilessly annihilated Crimson Snow Valley. I'll kill you!" His sheath flies off the sword. I avoid the swing of the blade by leaning back and push the man's stomach with my force.

He retreats. However, he's taken aback that my cultivation is far superior to his. Nearby customers and vendors run away from the area, fearing a battle will take place.