Chapter 5

The next morning, Dick came to get Danny just like he had the day before for breakfast. The two walked down the stairs and were greeted by Bruce. This time, Alfred had made French Toast. The previous night, Bruce and Dick had talked about Danny's eating. They had both noticed how he hadn't eaten much at breakfast, he slept through lunch, and he said he wasn't hungry when dinner came around. Plus, he had declined dinner the night before. He couldn't keep this up for long.

"Do you not like it? Alfred can make you something else if you want." Bruce asked as he watched Danny push his food around the plate.

Danny looked in surprise "No no no, it's really good it's just..."

"You're not hungry?" Dick filled in. Danny looked down.

Bruce reached out to put a hand on Danny's shoulder, but he quickly flinched away. Bruce sighed, "Look, Danny, Dick and I were going to wait to tell you this, until you had gotten settled in more, but I think you should know. When I was six, I watched my parents get murdered. The reason I took Dick in, was because his parents were killed when he was nine. What I'm trying to say is, we both know the kind of things that you are going through. If you want to talk about it, we're here to help."

Danny looked down at the table, "Thanks..." an awkward silence fell over them.

Dick had decided, however, that he had had enough silence over the last few days. "Let's do something fun today."

Bruce looked over to him, "Oh yeah?"

He nodded, "Well, you have to go back to work tomorrow, and I have school, so I thought we could do something fun today."

"What did you have in mind?" he asked.

Danny suddenly got a brilliant idea. "Can you show me around town?" Dick and Bruce looked at him surprised. He looked down, "We don't have to I... it's just the only part of Gotham I've seen is the train station... we can do something else though..."

"No that sounds like a good idea!" Dick smiled. "You're going to be living here, you should know where places are."

Bruce nodded, "Dick's right. We would love to show you around."

Danny smiled to himself. To be honest, he would much rather stay at home again today. However, if he was going to hunt ghosts, he needed to know his way around town. Besides, hopefully, this would humor Bruce and Dick a bit, so they didn't think he was completely depressed.

~time skip~

A few minutes later, Alfred pulled the car around and they all got in. Alfred started driving through the streets of Gotham while Dick and Bruce would point out things to him. Danny took all of it in and tried to make a mental picture in his head. It wasn't easy, Gotham was a lot bigger than Amity.

"That's where Dick goes to school." Bruce pointed to a building. "We thought we would give you a bit more time to adjust, so you won't be starting until next week. Sound good?"

Danny nodded. A school without Sam and Tucker, he didn't know how he was going to manage it. They had all been going to school together since pre-school. What was he going to do? Would he be able to survive without them? Would he be able to make any friends? Would people think he was a freak?

Dick started shivering. "Man... is it just me... or did it get really cold in here?"

Danny immediately realized his mistake and calmed himself down. When his emotions flared up, his ice core tended to make everything around him colder. Frostbite said it was supposed to be some kind of coping mechanism. Apparently, the cooler temperatures were supposed to calm him down, because he was in more of his element when he was in the cold. Unfortunately, that meant he had to make it uncomfortable for everyone else.

After a few more stops, the tour ended, and they went back home. When they got back to the manor, it was starting to get dark. Danny went up to his room. He had thought about going out tonight to look for ghosts, but he decided that he would need to be just a bit more familiar with Gotham before he did that. While Dick and Bruce were away tomorrow, he could sneak out and have one more look around. For now, though, he decided to go to bed. However, as he drifted off to sleep, two figures were currently foiling crime out on the streets of Gotham... 

(A/N - Thanks for reading everyone! :) I hope you liked this chapter! Stay whelmed and go ghost!)