Chapter 17: Future

Naruto, Kurenai, and Anko walked closer towards the chanting, it getting louder with every step. Naruto held up his hand, causing the two women to stop. 

"Hold right here, I'm going to go investigate," Anko pouted.

"What? That's no fair! How come you get to do the cool thing?" Naruto shrugged. 

"It could be dangerous. That chakra is something of other worlds, you can't even get close to it without getting nauseous." Kurenai rose an eyebrow.

"And how can you know this?" Naruto sighed before spinning around, facing both of the girls. 

"Okay, have you guys ever heard of Killing Intent? A special technique that comes naturally for some and harder for others that can freeze an opponent based on the potency of it?" Anko nodded while Kurenai shook her head. "Okay, have you experienced it, Anko?" She shook her head.

"Okay, Kurenai this will be a learning experience, and this is just a taste of what you will feel if you were to go into that room." He took a step back before he suddenly activated his Sharingan as waves of Killing Intent blasted off of him, directing itself towards Kurenai and Anko as they suddenly felt unable to move, fear clutching at their hearts. 

'I'm going to die,' Kurenai and Anko thought at the same time. 'I'm going to die.'

Sweat was forming on the two kunoichis, their breathing only got quicker as Naruto's usually smiling face turned into a frown as he glared at them before the pressure that was holding them still suddenly increased twofold, forcing them down on their knees, their eyes wide. 

And as soon as it came, it vanished. 

"That is but a taste of what that room holds," Naruto said before turning around. "Now stay here, I won't be long." He then disappeared. 

"Why do I feel when he's talking about that room," Anko began, standing up, still shaking slightly. "That he is also hinting at his own power?" 

"He is strong," Kurenai whispered, cursing her own inferiority compared to Naruto. "How the hell can a twelve-year-old be that damn strong?!" She stood up, her hands clenched in fists. "I have a feeling that he is much stronger than he leads on about." 

Naruto entered the room, the chakra swarming around him. He let out a sigh. He didn't have to do that, show Kurenai and Anko his Killing Intent. 

But there was no other way! They wouldn't understand! This chakra. . . was poisonous. 

Naruto got onto the ledge and peered down at the room below and saw eight different people in a circle all of them were wearing white cloaks that hid their faces as they surrounded a blue fire that was the source of the chakra. 

The chanting stopped.

"Naruto Namikaze, step out from the darkness. It was foretold you would be here." It was a man's voice. Naruto stood up fully and jumped off the ledge, landing softly on the grass. 

"Who are you and why are you causing this chakra outage?" 

"Naruto Namikaze, son of Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki, Heir to the Creator of Ninshu." They chanted in unison, disregarding his question completely. 

"Answer me! What are you doing here?" Naruto said, unnerved that they knew him. They didn't answer him once again. 

"Two brothers merged to one
 A fight within never won
 To begin a quest so spacious
 To unite your people in one nation
 An unhappy tale, you shall lead
 But fulfill your goal, you shall succeed
 The path is terrible
 You will find no happiness
 Contentment you won't find
 Until the shrapnel hits
 To begin a life
 You but restart
 But your worse enemy
 Is within your heart."