Restless

A/N: This chapter involves one of my most favorite interactions between Alexx and Steve. Enjoy!

Steve and I had been out of the hospital for a week and a half now, and my leg was healing pretty well. But it still hurt and needed a bandage wrapped around it till the stitches came out.

I laid on the bed, tossing and turning without hurting my leg. I couldn't possibly fall asleep.

I was stressed about mastering my new fire ability, about Bucky, about Nat and about Steve. I was stressing about Steve being stressed. I was stressing about being stressed!

I tried to clear my mind and rolled to my side.

Uncomfortable.

I rolled to my back.

No.

I rolled onto my stomach and instantly regretted it after hurting my still healing thigh. There was no way I was going to get comfortable, I was way too stressed and still in pain. I also feared that my nightmares would return, or that Ashley would find me. Ever since she told me about my being HYDRA once upon a time, my sleep had been plagued by nightmares.

I punched the pillow and gave up.

How can Steve sleep? He's got to be just as stressed as me, if not more.

I laid there, listening to the sounds around me; the ticking of a clock, the honking of cars passing by, water dripping from the leaky faucet in the bathroom.

Nope.

I rolled off the bed, grabbed a pillow and two thick blankets, and limped into the living room.

Steve was laying on the couch, sleeping peacefully. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.

Steve had given me his room to sleep in, being a gentleman. He didn't want me to sleep on the couch.

I put the pillow and one blanket aside, then laid out the other blanket, turning it into a makeshift bed on the floor right beside the couch. I put the pillow at one end, grabbed the second blanket and laid down. Pulling the blanket up to my chin, I inhaled deeply and smiled, suddenly feeling safe, being in the same room as Captain America. My eyelids became droopy, and to my surprise, I fell asleep.