29 | little white lies

| meliorism |
chapter twenty-nine
❝ crying wolf ❞

| meliorism |chapter twenty-nine❝ crying wolf ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

Everything felt steady, but she still wished that everything would stop once in a while. Time was moving relatively fast, and she was till trying to catch up, but apparently, it wasn't going to let her, not until she ran a few more miles.

Even though the past actions of the days had been crystal clear in her mind, she tried to hold them down. Nothing was better than to try it forget, even though it still made her skin crawl.

Rhena let go of the box she was holding along with the others, back in the storage space. She was glad to be back to work, so she could take her mind off what had happened, her heart still ache at the memories, and she flinched more than usual.

She sighed and turned towards the exited, but before she could do it, Matt came storming in, almost pushing her. She noticed that he was breathing heavily, and he seemed pissed off.

"Matt? Everything okay?" she called gently, not wanting to startle him.

    "Did you know that Caroline and Tyler have something going on?" Matt turned to her really quick, speaking with a tone that made her flinched.

She hadn't spoke to Caroline, who was busy with some school stuff. She had tried to talk to Tyler, to see what had happened and if he was alright or at least get an explanation for that night, but he seemed to be avoiding her.

    "What?" she furrowed her eyebrows, looking at him puzzled.

    "And dont lie, Rhena, I know they're both your best friends, but if you are at least a little of my friend, you would tell me the truth" he pointed his finger at her, he looked extremely hurt and betrayed.

    "Matt" she put her hands in his shoulders, calming him down a little "I don't know what's going on between them" she shook her head, she was telling the truth though "if there's something going on between them, I would've have told them to be straight with you, because all that toxic and childish bullshit of cheating and lying hurts, so no, I don't know about them"

    Matt nodded at her words, and sighed, closing his eyes to try and get away from his emotions. She let down her hands, exhaling. She remembered that Vicki and her used to be back there eating candies in their break, talking and laughing. Perhaps that's what Matt needed, someone to talk and laugh with.

    "Hey, come with me, I have something that might get your mind off things" she smiled gently at him, taking his wrist to guide him to the candy storage most of the coworkers shared. Hoping that maybe her company was enough.