Chapter 18

Today is laxmi pooja so I quickly got up, took a shower, wore a nice saree and started making breakfast for everyone. Tomorrow, we'll have a lot of guests because tomorrow is the new year are per Hindu calendar. I was making aloo paratha when cold hands sneaked their way around my waist and I let out a squeal.

"Arjun!", I said as I turned around. He had a cheeky grin on his face.

"You look beautiful", he said and leaned down and placed a kiss on my cheek. Just then Roshan and Sonia entered.

"Oh please Arjun, leave the kitchen atleast", Roshan said with a smirk causing me to blush.

"As if you haven't done the same and don't you get jealous that I'm so affectionate to my wife"

Roshan scoffed and just shook his head. I was cutting chilly for the filling of aloo paratha when the chilly seed went into my eyes causing me to wince and I immediately started rubbing my eye only to realise that it resulted in my eyes burning even more.

"Anvi!" Arjun said before he rushed over to me and took my hands off my eyes and started blowing air in my eyes. The burning didn't cease.

He then took my face in his hands and took a damp cloth before dabbing it around my eye. After doing that for some only did my eye stop burning.

"Thank you", I said out of breath.

"You should be careful", he said before going out of the kitchen.

After I served everyone with paratha, I quickly ate too and then left for work. Just when it was lunch I got a call from Yash.

"Hi Tan"

"Oh! So you finally realised that I exist", I asked playfully.

"I-I have something to tell you", she said with hesitation.

"What is it? Did something happen to you? Did that stupid do anything to you?"

"No, he didn't nothing, it's just that..." she trailed off.

"What Yash? Tell me already!"

"I'm... I'm pregnant", she says.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! I can't believe it, you're pregnant, you're going to be a mother, I can't believe it", I said while smiling and jumping up and down. My colleagues gave me weird looks.

We spoke for some more time. After sometime because it was Diwali time, we were left early and informed about the one week holiday we have.

I immediately rushed home, and took a shower and quickly changed into something nice for the evening.

I then went down to help mom set up for the pooja

I then went down to help mom set up for the pooja. After that we all settled down as pairs while the pandit did the pooja. After that we did the Aarti and then we took the blessings from the elders and we all went to start bursting crackers. Even though I am a little environment conscious, I still burst a few of the crackers. We all had planned only to burst a few crackers.

After that we all circled around backyard and ate dinner. Today, mom had ordered food from out because nobody could cook in the hustle and bustle. We all are and joked around.

If you all are wondering where the bitch and her mother are, well they left yesterday for some trip that they had and they'll be returning tomorrow morning. Not that I care much about.

Arjun flashed me a smile and the familiar feeling crept in my stomach. This guy is seriously gonna be the death of me. After a hectic day, we all went to sleep around 2 and even then I couldn't sleep. God only knows why! Even when sleep did overcome me, I had to wake up within an hour because I had to make everything ready for today. The maids have all been given holidays.

Diwali is a function where family reunions take place so if we were going to have family reunions I thought even the maids should be given days off.

I woke up, took a shower and quickly wore something good before going down and preparing for today. I have prepared some dry snacks and so chaat. After an hour of preparing, I quickly changed into something presentable.

Then when Arjun woke up, I quickly did some other work

Then when Arjun woke up, I quickly did some other work. He put the sindoor before going to the bathroom.  As I was in the closet searching for something, arms snaked around my waist and Arjun put his chin on my shoulder. He then turned me around and caged me between the wall and himself. Suddenly, the world seemed to hot and my breathing became shorter.

"You look beautiful and ravishing at the same time", he said huskily.

"Oh and by the way happy Diwali", he said while looking in my eyes.

"H-happy Diwali", for fucks sake, why does he always have this effect on me. I feel helpless.

"As it is Diwali and we give gifts to others, would you give me something if I asked you?", Arjun asked me.

"Yes", I said without even thinking and the moment I said yes, a smirk made its way on his lips. His eyes glinted mischievously.

"Well then, I want a mini Anvi", he said causing me to blush and my eyes go wide as saucers and I hit his chest. He let out a heartfelt laugh. I almost swooned at the sound.

I crossed my arms and playfully gave him a stink eye.

"Ok, ok, I'm just kidding",he said before muttering," we haven't even kissed yet" as if I won't listen but I heard everything clearly and then after a minute of silence he nodded to himself and hummed.

He then turned to look at me with determination in his eyes.

"If not that then I want something, something that I've been yearning for a long time", he said looking at me and then all of a sudden he was flushed against me. His minty breath fanned my face as one of his hand reached over and grabbed my face and the other my waist.

He then leaned and our lips were almost touching each other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so guys, here is your update. I hope you guys liked it. Anyways, I am sorry I couldn't update more times in this week. My school had been grilling us.

I would like to thank all those who voted for me. I love you all a lot.
Heartfelt kisses to you all😘

I hope you keep supporting me like this

Love,
D❤️