23. Stupid.

Chapter 23: Stupid.

Zachary's hotel room is cold as hell. I am currently snuggled up in his soft bed and I couldn't be happier. If you would have told me three months ago that I'd be here right now, I'd laughed in your face.

"What do you want to watch?" He asks me as he unbuttons his shirt.

I gulp.

"Um, I...um.." I stutter, looking at Zachary's toned abs and his V line. I can't even form a simple sentence.

"You know it's okay to stare right? I'm yours now." He tells me.

"Only mine?" I question.

"Only yours." He assures me as he joins me in bed with nothing but his briefs.

Zachary tunes the television to a boring sitcom. I zone out after watching it for a while. I hear Zachary snore lightly beside me and I smile. He's asleep already. That wedding did a number on him. I switch off the TV and I turn off the lights. I snuggle into Zachary and he puts his arm around me. This is how I want to remain forever. Cuddled up with the man I love. With no worries, no girls, no rumors, no drama, just us.

***

"He is going to choke on his own saliva." Adam says as I turn around, revealing my prom dress.

It's a red sequin dress that has a slit on my left and runs down to the end of the dress. It has an open back and a deep V-neck.

"Is this even appropriate?" I say, more to myself than Adam.

"Who cares. It's prom. The prom. You've been dreaming of this day since pre-school." Adam reminds me.

"Yeah, and back then my taste in boys differed. I thought a good time was sharing a Capri Sun with Taylor Lakerfeld." I point out.

"Ahh, the good old days." Adam sighs.

"Dramatic much." I say, chuckling.

"When last did you talk to Hannah?" He asks me as I unzip the dress I have on.

"I don't know." I reply, stepping out of the dress. Walking to my bed, only dressed in my matching blue underwear.

"Really Vee. We used to be best friends. All three of us." Adam says, folding his arms.

"Don't judge me, okay. And besides, I didn't do anything wrong. She picked a side." I shrug.

"How about we go-" Adam is cut off by a blaring horn.

"Hold that thought." I tell him, wagging my index finger in front of his face.

I walk to my window and I stare at the car that horn came from. I am not surprised when I see Ashton's car in my driveway.

"This douchebag." I mutter under my breath. I put my robe on and I shuffle into my slides.

"What's going on?" Adam asks me curiously.

"Wait here." Is all I say to him as I walk out of my room.

I rush down my marble steps and I almost trip as I reach the end.

"Careful." I hear my mother say and I almost scream.

"M-mother, you scared me." I tell her panting.

"Where are you rushing off to?" My mother asks me. Ashton blares his stupid horn again.

I swear, I am going to kill him.

"Who is that?" My mother says, asking me another question.

God.