𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶: 𝚂𝚊𝚜𝚞𝚔𝚎'𝚜 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝 & 𝚂𝚊𝚔𝚞𝚛𝚊'𝚜 𝙱𝚊𝚍 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Sakura's POV

Sakura was currently walking through the village alongside TenTen, the village was once again peaceful. Children playing, parents working so they can put foods in their children's mouths and most people were helping each other out and shared laughs with each other.

The two stopped at the small bridge above the river and just stared into the clear fresh water. Sakura couldn't help but worry about Sasuke and Hinata both. In honesty she was worried about two things.

"Don't worry Sakura. I'm sure Hinata and Sasuke are okay, they might be on their way back right now with Shikamaru and the rest.." TenTen comforted.

"It's not just that TenTen, I'm worried... I still can't get over this masked guy Shizune brought up.." Sakura frowned.

TenTen sighed. "Still on that? I mean I don't see why we should worry about him if he already defeated an Akatsuki member." TenTen said. "What if he's on our side?"

"Then why isn't he here?" Sakura pointed out and TenTen stayed silent. "A lot of things are going on right now, first some mysterious man, Asuma dying, and now Sasuke wants to recruit Orochimaru."

Sakura exhaled sharply as the sun shined bright on her skin, it's been a stressful week, she'd been working more late in the hospital then she usually does while also having to stay alert about the Akatsuki and the masked person.

"When was the last time you got some rest?" TenTen asked.

"Can't even remember, probably only 4 hours.." Sakura sighed.

"At least you're doing something helpful here in Konoha. Can you imagine what it's like having to deal with Lee and Gai-sensei's shenanigans?" TenTen joked as she thought about her bushy browed comrade and her bowl haired sensei.

Sakura almost chuckled at the comment as it made her think about a familiar blond haired knucklehead. She thought about him and how he might be proud of her that she was trained by Tsunade and is now her medical apprentice.

She was soon snapped out her thoughts as she heard a villager call out saying how Sasuke and the others had returned. TenTen and Sakura both quickly made their way to the gates.

Sasuke's POV

Sasuke walked through the village with a bunch of eyes laid not just on him but mostly on the people he brought.

He heard a few villagers talking about Orochimaru and why their precious Uchiha would bring him here, after everything he's caused.

"Well, ain't the leaf just welcoming people..?" Suigetsu joked as he looked around at the frightened villagers.

Sasuke ignored his comment and all the villagers as he made his way to the Hokage tower.

"Sasuke!" He heard Sakura call out as TenTen and her both came running and soon stopped in their tracks when they saw Orochimaru and his recruits.

"Y- You actually.. brought him.." TenTen said as she gulped in slight fear.

Sasuke walked away from them. "Sakura, check Shikamaru and the rest. Hinata guide them to the hokage mansion." He said.

"I know where it's at.." Orochimaru responded.

"Still, you're not trusted, at least to them."

"Jiraiya is also here.." Sakura said as she stood next to Kakashi.

Sasuke nodded. "TenTen, I need to talk to you a bit."

"Ne??! But Sasuke-kun..." Karin groaned as she grabbed his arm and held it tight. "Just stay with us a little longer.... pleeeease.."