Chapter 7 |Too late|

The loud silence settled upon the whole house and created an uncomfortable atmosphere. Everybody sat in the living room trying to soak in everything that had just went down.

"How dare these girls?" Growled Anjali, fatigue clearly seen on her face.

"Enough Anjali bitiya or you'll fall sick?" Said Nani in a loud voice trying to shut her.

Payal made her way into the living room not knowing what would come her way, what was awaiting for her.

"I was right! Both these middle class girls came out to be two faced. This phati sari! How dare she try to drift Anjali bitiya and Damaadji apart." Accused Manorama, turning to Payal who just came in.

"And you khoon bhari taang! You have the nerve to shout at my Akash bitwa and Anjali bitya. How dare you middle class girl try to compete with such rich people like us."

"Sasu maa from what I've heard is that you too really don't belong to a very rich family. Am I right?" Asked Payal, trying her best to put on her normal face.

"Your roots don't lie in the most rich families too. How can you accuse me and my sister like that? From what I know, you too are middle class, just like us. Marrying into a rich family doesn't turn you into someone rich. So I can ask you the same question. How dare your middle class mind yet again jump to conclusions and accuse my sister of such an abhorrent act?"

"Tumri itni himat." Growled her mother in law. (How dare you?)

"Stop it you two!" Shouted Nani. "Please just stop! Don't you guys understand what just happened. Don't make the situation even worse than it already is."

Arnav had just gotten done with the meeting and had obtained a very good deal for his company. He made his way to his office. Unlocking his phone he saw seven missed calls from Akash. What on earth had now happened? He thought worried and decided to go home hoping everything would be fine.

It was anything but fine. The moment he entered inside, he saw crying faces and sprawled forms in the living room. Fear gripped his insides. He marched inside and questioned what had happened.

"Bhai where were you? I tried calling you and Aman but both of you were unreachable." Akash looked at him disappointed.

Arnav saw his sister sitting lifelessly on the couch and ran towards her. "Kya hua di? Are you ok?"

"How will I be ok Chotey? Your slut of a wife was hugging my husband, filling his ears about leaving me. HOW CAN I BE OK?" She yelled.

"You are no good than her Chotey. You too stood by her side knowing she was cheating me and you. That slut! How can she do that? Haven't we done enough for her, her family?"

Hurt by what she said he tried stopping her. "Stop it di! Bas kijiye! How can you say that? You're getting it all wrong, it's your husband who's at fault why don't you understand."

"Please let's just get you to your room you don't know what you're talking about." Arnav said, not knowing the whole situation.

Everybody took Anjali to her room to calm her senses. That was when Arnav saw the scumbag Shyam sitting on the chair next to the mirror.

"What the fuck is he doing here? Who called him?" He growled, flabbergasted. How did he get here?

"Enough chotte! Don't you dare use such language for my Shyamji. I called him here and he isn't going anywhere." His sister answered confidently.

Fear gripped Arnav. Where was Khushi? Was she ok? The way they had ended their conversation last night was horrible. Her 'NAFRAT KARTEY HAIN HUM AAPSE' (I hate you) still rang loudly in his ears.

"Why is he here di? Don't you know how much he's harmed our family already."

He walked towards him and pulled him by his collar and roared. "What are you doing here you good for nothing animal? Get out right now if you wish to live."

"ARNAV!" Screamed Anjali.

She could feel her eyes shutting and then all of a sudden darkness engulfed her and she was about to fall when Shyam rushed and held her unconscious form, preventing her from falling on the floor.

"Di?" Called out a horrified Arnav. "Akash call the doctor!" He commanded.

A whole hour had passed since Anjali'd fainted. Shyam was threatened and questioned constantly by Arnav to which he answered that he was told to come here by Anjali.

The doctor came and checked the unconscious Anjali stating that it's because of exhaustion from the pregnancy and nothing serious to worry about.

Everybody let out a sigh of relief.

Arnav had asked about Khushi's whereabouts multiple times and why he couldn't find her in the house. Everyone, much to his annoyance just shrugged their shoulders and came up with lame excuses one of them being that she had gone to buaji's. Payal too decided to keep shut as she wanted Anjali herself to tell Arnav what had went down.

Arnav decided to call Khushi and tell her to return back home. He missed his wife and wanted to apologize for last night. He regretted everything so much, regretted saying all those words which held no meaning for him.

But maybe it was a little too late to apologize.

Little did he know neither would she be picking up his calls or returning back anytime soon.

********************************************
Arnav finally made it home. He should've picked up his phone! Little too late for that now I tell you.
Also I'm sorry if the argument dialogues in some of the chapters are shit (like this one) trust me I'm really bad at them even in real life...lol... I can like never argue like a normal person.
But let me know your thoughts.

Much love!

PS: DO NOT COPY OR REPRODUCE AS THIS IS SOLELY AND SOLEMNLY MY WORK.