[ Sanemi x Reader ]

"Mama? What is papa doing?"

The little girl's mother's eyes widen as she screams, "I told you to run away! Go!"

Her mother kicks her husband in the stomach barely leaving a scratch, "I'll be alright! Just go, hurry!" The older woman cries out as she continues to struggle in the man's grasp.

The little girl tilts her head in confusion, "Alright? I'll be waiting for you two outside." She says with a smile plastered on her face, as she departs from the room.

Standing outside of her home, the girl thinks to herself. 'I wonder if they're having another quarrel.'

Suddenly another one of those weird creatures jumps onto the girl, but she just stares at it in confusion.

"Can I help you, mister?" She asks bluntly.

The demon laughs to himself, tightening the grip on the girl's shoulders. "What an amusing kid you are, acting all nice to me won't save you!"

She blinks a few times, "Save me from what exactly?"

Then in the blink of an eye, the creature's head falls off. And a weird looking man pushes him off of the girl.

The white-haired male helps her stand up, "Where are your parents? And why are you just standing here like nothings going on? Look around, your whole village is burning!"

She simply smiles, "I'm sorry, but my mama told me not to talk to strangers. No matter how nice they look!"

"Actually you look kinda scary, mister."

The hashira sighs, grabbing her hand, "You're hopeless." He mutters to himself as they both run out of the now-demolished village.

"So, where are we going?" She asks for the tenth time now. "To the demon slayer corps. Who else would take you in?" He chuckles.

The rest of the walk was silent until they reached the man's house. "Woah! It's so big and bright!" She beamed, looking around the place.

She stared at the mansion in awe, wondering how one so scary looking and rude could have a house like this. It was so bright and kind looking. She was almost ashamed of her own home.

"This place can't be yours!" Her smile was as cheerful and full of wonder as if she just met someone from a fairy tale.

"Nope, it's all mine." The demon slayer answered unfazed by her gorgeous smile.

Entering the mansion, he said, "I'm Sanemi Shinazugawa, and you'll be living with me from here on out." He announced with a cocky grin on his face.

"I'm (Y/N), it's nice to meet you. But my mama is probably looking for me right now." The girl looked at Sanemi, as she began to walk out the door.

"Wait a minute, kid."

She turned around acknowledging his request. "What is it, Mister?"

He let out a long sigh, he was still not used to saying such things, especially to little kids like her. Kids that are clueless about the world...They don't understand that they'll never see their loved ones again.

"You can't go back there, nobody is waiting for you." He stated whilst gazing at the wooden floor.

Sure, such words may be harsh, but it's better than saying that her parents are no more. In his viewpoint at least.

"You don't have to sugarcoat the truth, I may not look like it but I know what was happening back there." She let a low whimper escape, as a stream of tears fell down her cheeks.