#7: An Interruption

"Are you sure you're okay?"

I cuddled further into his chest, my tears falling to the nice shirt he wore. I felt bad not wanting to ruin it, but it felt nice to be held this way. "Yeah." I whispered back. "I'm fine."

"You know what she said isn't true." He replied rubbing my back up and down. "Aunt Mae is a miserable bitch and she was just saying that because the attention was not on Minah."

"It is true though." I said through more tears, thankfully able to keep my voice steady. "Dad will recognize you and Jin sometimes, but he never remembers me anymore."

"He talks about how you remind him of his daughter. He remembers his daughter, Noona. He remembers you." He tried assuring me.

He made a good point though.

He did compare me to his daughter quite frequently but he never realized that I was her. Any time I would visit him with Jin or Namjoon he would always have bits and pieces but was never fully there. It was only when I wasn't with them, that he had fully lucid moments and knew who he was. They would tell them about my weight loss, so he knew, but he didn't all in the same.

Alzheimer's is a horrible disease.

Just horrible.

I would never wish this on anyone.

Not anyone.

I sniffled and nodded my head in agreement. "I guess you're right." I breathed.

He tightened his arms that were wrapped around me and gave me a few kisses to my cheek and forehead. "We can leave if you want." He said. "We can pack up and go, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin can stay, and we can go home. You do not have to endure that kind of treatment. I won't allow it."

"Dad would want us to be here." I replied. "But thank you. It's good to know my baby brother is on my side."

"I will always be on your side." He started to move his hand up and down my back in a soothing manner. I could almost fall asleep but I wasn't really tired. Just emotionally exhausted. "It's a brother's job to protect his sister."

"I should be the one protecting you." I said, looking up to him. He raised an amused eye brow making me giggle. "You are very protective younger big brother, you know that."

"I do." He smiled. "I did the same for Jin when he started talking to Hobi."

"You are worse with me. What was with you knocking Jimin from sitting next to me at dinner, huh?"

He narrowed his eyes and opened his mouth to response but was interrupted by a light tap on the bedroom door followed by a soft "Noona?"

"Come on in." I said turning a little to see Jin walking slowly towards us. I opened my arm and so did Namjoon to include him into our group hug. He gave me a sad smile before cuddling up next to me and wrapping his arms around us.

"I'm so sorry that woman is such a raging thunder cunt." He mumbled into my shoulder.

Namjoon and I both blurted out laughing, Jin following shortly after. "Oh god I needed that." I said wiping the tears from my face and catching my breath. "That is the best insult I've ever heard."

He chuckled and ran his fingers through my hair before speaking again. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Are you though, not to bring it up but that was uncalled for and harsh."

"It was just a sensitive topic and she said it in front of everyone so, I just need to breath and clear my mind. But yes, I am okay."