~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝔂 ~

Chapter Fifty: Even The Dead Get Petrified

A week later Lina awoke to a blizzard of snow outside

A week later Lina awoke to a blizzard of snow outside. She dressed and pulled on one of her thick jumpers Mrs Weasley has knitted her under her robes as well as her Hufflepuff scarf. She left her dorm to meet her friends but only Cedric was there, he was resting against an armchair his arms were crossed and to Lina, he looked deep in thought and whatever he was thinking about was troubling him.

"Hey," Lina said but he didn't respond, it was like he hadn't heard her at all. Lina frowned, he seemed completely oblivious to everything going on around him. The chaos of the morning before school started had no effect on him. "Huh" Lina mumbled to herself, she walked closer to him and placed a hand on his bicep a jolt of electricity ran from her hand to his arm, it drew their attention to it but Lina didn't remove her hand. "Hi," she said.

"Hey" he replied blinking.

"Are you alright, you were in a world of your own."

"Yeah, just thinking."

"About?"

Cedric shook his head "nothing" he smiled at her and dropped an arm over her shoulders "let's get breakfast."

Lina looked behind her "what about the others?"

"Already there. Lucy started complaining that she was hungry so Danny dragged her out, I told them I'd wait for you."

"This is gonna sound crazy but sometimes they can get along."

Cedric snorted "if I had a galleon for every time they had a conversation that didn't end in an argument.....well I wouldn't have enough to do anything."

"There was that five-month period when they were nice to each other" Lina pointed out.

"Yeah but that because of the bet and we both remember how that ended."

"Oh yeah," Lina giggled.

They left the common room and headed up the stairs to the great hall "so" Cedric started "hows things with you and Oliver?"

"Oh! Erm yeah good, we haven't seen each other much since Hogsmeade, I guess it's hard to date someone who's in a different house, especially when that person is always so busy with quidditch."

"Do you think you two will....you know."

"What?"

"Make it official."

"I don't know, we've only gone on one date and I don't know what I'm doing, I've never had a guy interested in me before."

"Maybe you have but you just don't know" Cedric suggested.

"What like a secret admirer?" Lina asked chuckling the thought to her was ludicrous.

"Why not?"