𝟏𝟗.

CHAPTER 19.| ZARCEAIANS
I don't want to live forever.

___

___

"Tell me what Zarcea was like before the empire." Arsyn asked while the two stayed up all night conversing "I want to know everything"

"Zarcea was known for its buildings, the structure of gold and beautiful lands of green and blue. A system of intelligence and the home land to our Nysn warriors. . . Our people weren't all Nysn. But those who had sworn to learn and control their abilities'' Shaye explained.

"We had a code; Protect and defend. Shine the light of those who no longer see it. The warriors were individuals, we all had a medallion and our swords" Shaye had gone over towards the carpet and pulled it up.

There was a hatch as she opened it revealing most of her belongings "Our swords gives out a color, each color showed our personality" She unsheathed it revealing a pulse of dark blue. It looks as if it were flames.

She stared at it in awe. It was something she had never witnessed "Maeve swords were yellow, she wielded two of them it made her feel balance, most of them only trusted one sword but her and I, we thought otherwise."

"When she was murdered, I stole one of her swords and left her with one, the balance was broken from her" Shaye explained and placed her sword away pulling another one revealing its yellow flame

"But now, it must be wielded again, in your hand" Arsyn denied. This wasn't hers and it didn't feel right. "Arsyn you must"

"I already have my own, but they are not like that" She explained and stood

"The Narelis blade is apart of us Arsyn." Shaye placed it back and held it out "You are my people"

Arsyn stared at the sword. If she took it then she would start fresh. Her old sword was the one Talía had made for her personally, she saw it made, if she wanted to leave that past behind then she had to start anew.

She took it from Shaye "I will honor your sister, thank you" She didn't know what to say, it wasn't much but seeing how much hope Shaye had when she took it meant she had done the right thing.

"How are they made?"

"They create themselves, in my time of exile only the Nysn know where they're located and I returned and stole the parts, every sword is different but it's color is what makes it unique." Shaye pulled out a rectangular container and placed it on the table and opened it.

"It is up to you if you are balanced or not in wielding—are you?"

"I am. I always thought because I was just used to it. But if my parents were like me then, shouldn't they have had theirs?" Arsyn questions.