Jess's report-14

Chapter 14
Ryder's POV
Wednesday

I bang through the door pissed.

I had to leave my date with my mate because of some stupid Rouges. I was so close to opening up to her. Take the next step in our relationship and it is killing me to walk away from her.

"WHAT IS GOING ON." I yell seeing everyone in the living room watching a movie.

Aren't they supposed to be protective this pack from the Rouges.

Once everyone in the room heard me and saw I was angry they all show in some way that I was there Alpha. Either by showing there necks to me or bowing there heads. Everyone but Jace who came to me cautiously.

"The Rouges ran off soon after you took Layla home. They didn't say or do anything. They just stood there mockingly. Knowing we can't do anything." Jace said discussed.

"Come to my office. We are going to figure something out." I said walk away before I finished my sentence.

And that was where we were for hours. Talking and planning for different outcomes.

I had no idea where Luke was till he banged into my office with Jess trailing behind him.

"Ryder I think Jess needs to tell you something." He said straight forward.

"What is it. I am trying to protect this pack while you gossip with your mate." I said still pissed. Don't they know the problems this could cause if we aren't focused.

"Yes. Alpha." Jess says using my title to show respect. "But this is about Layla."

I look up to her forgetting everything. "Is she ok. What happened." I say quickly hoping for the best.

"No, no. She is fine. But I think there is something different about her." And I am back to being pissed.

"Oh come on. Not this again. It doesn't matter what she is. She is my mate and your Luna. Why does it matter." I say trying to end this conversation.

"She could be the reason for the Rouges." Luke said before thinking.

I looked up to him not happy. "And what if she was. Does that change anything." I stand up over him. I am the tallest and most powerful in this room. I could beat them all and they know it.

"No. It doesn't. But it could lead to the solution." He says quickly and quietly.

"Come with it then. How did you get this information on your Luna." I say wanting to remind them that she is superior. Even though she isn't marked she is going to be. And that is all that matters.

"When I was helping her get ready for your date. We were talking and she said some weird things." Jess says making me realize she was spying on her.

I don't say it but my face shows my anger so she moves on. "She was starting to freak out over embarrassing herself and Emma shacks her telling her to breathe and I joke that the boys and who ever was home were doing the same thing to you. And Emma asked if we all lived to together cause that what it sounded like and Layla said don't be stupid that wouldn't happen. Like she knew that it was real and she was covering for me." She explains.

"She could have just been saying that it was unlikely cause it is. She doesn't know about wolves." Jace said.

"Yeah. That what I thought till Emma had a face of realization like she remembered something Layla told her." Jess said to Jace mostly being Emma is Jaces mate.

"Wait you think Emma knows that we are werewolves. Come on Jess. Layla was the only one we were worried about." Jace says catching my attention.

He was in on it too. Wow. Great friends I have.

"I'm not saying that yet but it isn't out of the ballpark yet." Jess says reasonably.

"But though out the whole time I was there she keep on blanking out. Like how we do when we talk to our wolves." Jess said reminding me of the times I have seen her do that.

"And we were asking questions back and forth like what's you favorite color and favorite show a little before you made it to her house and when I asked Layla what her favorite animal was she said Fox instantly. I didn't think of it much till I saw Emma's shocked face like she was surprised Layla said that." Jess finished.

"So you think Layla is the Fox that has been around here." I ask. Speaking for the first time.

Her and Luke nodded there heads.

"So let me get this straight. You three had a bad feeling about Layla who is in fact my mate AND YOUR FUTURE LUNA. And instead of talking to me about it you guys decided to spy on her thought Jess and make a list of things that could be coincidences to prove that she is something else and you landed on FoxSprite. Now listen good. I don't care if she is or isn't a shifter. She is still Layla. And it is disrespectful to her as your Luna to spy on her. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR." I continued yell at them.

"Yes Alpha." They all say to me feeling my dominance over them. Sense they high ranked wolves and are my friends I don't over power them all the time so this is a rude awakening, telling them I am not happy.

"Luke, Jace. As punishment for spying you will be patrolling tonight. In a hour. And Jess you will train for a extra hour tomorrow. You all leave. NOW." I yell wanting them anywhere but near me.

The walked out of my office without another word. They know that what they did was wrong and punishment worthy. They disrespected there Luna. The woman Alpha of the pack. The person who takes care of them before she can even do her job.

And they said it to me. There Alpha. Mate to the Luna. They didn't think they were going to be in trouble. It is like me insulting there mates. It doesn't go down well.

So I leave my office to see Luke and Jace walk out and I yell "Don't come back till the sun is up or you have something important. Now leave." I was still mad and they knew I would be.

They just bowed there heads and closed the door heading for the woods.

Everyone in the rooms around us were curious of what happened cause I have never before punished my Beta and Third publicly. They don't know it but I have never punished them in private either. But it happened and I am not going to tell them they thought there future Luna was up to something.

They don't even know fully that I have found my Luna. They know I have been getting closer to a girl assumed to be human but nothing more.

They only know that much because of the stunt Allison pulled that day.

But as I think of this I walk up the stairs to my room where I hope to stay for the rest of the night.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|