Three

"How could you not like Grey's Anatomy? It's probably the greatest show on t.v." Jocelyn rolled her eyes at the statement. She and Miles had started with simple introductory information before they somehow slipping into a debate about the show. She learned he owned his own paint store, was 31, and clearly had poor taste in T.V. shows.

"Now that's an extreme overstatement. It's not even that good." She shrugged. She'd tried to watch the show a million times but it never interested her.

"Maybe it's just a bit too mentally stimulating for you." Miles joked as he pat her hand in faux sympathy and she felt her jaw drop in shock. Although they had only talked for a brief period of time so far, Jocelyn could already tell Miles was a total sweetheart despite his brute-like stature.

"I'm sorry! I-I shouldn't have said that." His cheeks took on a bright red color and he dipped his head in embarrassment. Jocelyn felt the smile drop from her face and she rushed to console him.

"No. No. No. You're fine, Miles. I'm not really upset, hey, it's fine- it was actually a funny remark." Jocelyn spoke softly as she searched his eyes for any hint of regret. "I'm not upset, I promise."

"Okay. I'm sorry I got so worked up. I just get like that sometimes." His voice was softer now and timid- a direct juxtaposition to his frame.

"It's fine, Miles. You don't have to apologize." She smiled softly. It made her upset that he felt the need to apologize so often but it keyed her in to some deeper issues he may possess.

Before they could say anything else, a bell interrupted them and the staff announced that the bar would be closing within the next 10 minutes. Jocelyn pouted as she realized the bartender was probably gone by now and she would have to find a gas station to pick up some liquor for the night.

"Wait!" She called as Miles silently got up from the table. Picking up her purse, she scooped up the cards careful to not let them slip from her hands. "Maybe we can hang out again some time?"

Miles looked shocked and Jocelyn felt her stomach knot in nervousness.

"Uh, yeah, sure." He ran a hand through his hair as he nervously watched her. Jocelyn nodded for him to follow her as she headed towards the exit- her fingers cramping from holding all the cards. The sight of a garbage can caused her to make a beeline and she eagerly dumped them inside.

"Whew. Okay, here." She pulled her phone from her purse and pulled up an empty contact form before passing the device to Miles. He tapped away before it was passed back to her and they both made their way out the bar.

"I'll walk you to your car." He muttered as he pushed his hands into his pockets. Jocelyn finally took in his outfit- a cream sweater with black jeans. It was oddly fitting for what she knew about him so far.

"I really enjoyed our time together." She slightly bumped her shoulder against his. Miles picked his head up and smiled brightly at her.

"I enjoyed it as well." They made it to her car seconds later and Jocelyn found herself not wanting the night with him to end.

"This might be a bit straightforward but do you want to come back to mine? We can have a couple drinks and just get to know each other some more." She blurted out before she lost the courage. Shifting on her heels as she awaited his answer made the time seem even longer.

"Y-yeah, sure. I'd love to." Jocelyn sent him her address before climbing inside her car- Miles closing the door behind her. As he walked away from her car, Jocelyn felt a smile bloom on her face and she did a little happy dance in her seat.

Pulling from the parking lot, she made a note to stop for liquor as she only had cheap wine in her cabinet. Her eyes lit up as she found a little hole in the wall liquor store that was still open. Sending a text to Miles that she'd stopped, she also asked what kind of liquor he liked.