twenty- unanticipated

The new student was Anthony. Anthony Roberts.

You've got to be kidding me. I forgot he was moving here.

"Uh. Hi everyone. I'm Anthony. Nice to meet you all. I came from Fernhill. Hope we all get along well together." He said.

Peter looked at me and looked at him then looked at me with a confused look.

I shook my head and whispered, "Not now, Peter please."

He smirked subtly, "alright."

"Well, welcome aboard, Anthony." Mr Cobbwell said while patting him on the back.

"Okay, I will leave you to it." Principal Mortia said, giving the thumbs up while leaving through the door.

"Anthony, you're just in luck. We're talking about our end of topic assignment for acids and bases. Hmm. Since there are none that's left out. Let's see what pair I could put you with. Hmm." He was scanning through the classroom.

Anthony recognized me and mouthed "heyyy."

My faced started to be become hotter, Betty noticed that Anthony was talking to me.

She turned around "You know him?" she asked then stared at my cheeks. "Your cheeks are um a bit red, Y/N..." while pointing to her cheeks.

Yes I know, don't remind me.

"Yeah it's just a bit -hot..." I lied, fanning myself. Betty nodded, "aha, I've got it."

"Betty!" Mr Cobbwell called.

Betty turned back into her seat, "Y-yes?" Betty trembled.

"Anthony, you can go with her and Ned." He pointed towards the two and Anthony nodded while making his way to them.

Before he sat down, he smiled at me. I smiled nervously back. But now I've decided that I'm not going to like him, I can't concentrate if my ex-crush is right in front of me.

Welcome back to Y/N's life in Fernhill except it's Midtown.

Once Anthony sat down,Ned and Betty were introducing themselves to him and briefly explaining what is happening.

"Hi I'm Ned! Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Anthony."

They shook hands.

"Hi, I'm Betty Brant. Welcome to our school! If you need to know anything or if you need help around. You're always welcome to ask me."

As always, Betty is so helpful and caring.

"Alright, since that's settled. Now talking about the due date for this assignment. It is due in 2 weeks time, on Friday. So you guys will have this week, the whole of next week and literally the whole of the next week until Friday. So you're welcome. I expect you lot to give your best shot and not be slack on this. This is count as 50% as your grade for this topic and the end of topic exam will found as 50%. So very very important. I don't know how you will do the project together but you will need to muster up your own time and do it together. Don't expect to do your own thing and then add them together because then it won't make sense and I will know it when I read it." Mr Cobbwell said while handing out the requirement list for this project.

"Thank you." Peter said as he got handed two and he gave one to me. "Thanks."

*Ring* *Ring*

"Well, that's the end of today's lesson. I hope you all have a good lunch."

I started to pack up my things, when Peter spoke.

"Hey, Y/N."

"Yea?"