•|| Chapter 17 ||•

" Bokuto! Hand over chubs, she needs to eat lunch. " Kuroo suddenly approached the 4 of you. " Eh?? But we we're about to have an actual game!! " Bokuto whined, pulling you into his arms and hugging you close.

" Who said you were allowed to play an actual game with a 5–year old!? " Yaku popped out behind Kuroo, a tick mark seen on his forehead. " But- " Bokuto got cut off by a certain someone, gently lifting you up and into their arms. 

" Bokuto-san, ___ needs to eat, if she doesn't she'll get sick. Do you want that to happen? " Akaashi asked as Bokuto shook his head. " Fine, but I wanna eat with her too!! " He lit up but got rejected by Akaashi, saying that they need to practice.

" Eat well, ___. " Akaashi handed you over to Yaku, ruffling your head gently as a tiny blush spread across your checks.

" Oya? I see someone blushing. " Kuroo bent down to look you in the eye, snickering. " N-not!! " You stutter, puffing out your cheeks and hiding in Yaku's chest. " Enough, I need to meet up with Suga-kun and Semi-kun. " Yaku informed Kuroo, walking away. " The team moms? " Kuroo muttered to himself going back to his team to play against Shiratorizawa.

" Play..? " You look up at Yaku, confused as to why he wasn't playing with Kuroo. " Well, they have Shibayama, plus, I need to feed you. " He booped your nose, a smile of contentment placed on his lips. " Over here. " You heard Sugawara's voice, making you turn to face where Yaku was looking.

" We already finished cooking. " Semi informed as Yaku sets you beside him, the 4 of you were at one of the wooden tables outside. " What did you make her, Yaku-kun? " Semi asked, smiling when he has eye contact with you. " I made some onigiri. " He pulls a red colored bento and opened it, showing the other two.

" That actually looks pretty good. " Sugawara complimented, " Seems like chibi-chan likes it too. " Semi added, the 3 of them turning to you as you looked at the rice balls closely with hunger-filled eyes. " How about you, Suga-kun? " Yaku asked, " I made karaage. It's not much but I do hope she likes it. " Sugawara flashed a grin, " I have a feeling she likes that too. " Yaku chuckled, seeing you bounce in your seat excitedly at the smell of chicken.

" What about you, Semi-san? " Sugawara asked, " I made gyoza and wontons. " He stated as your eyes light up at the sight and smell of all the delicious food in front of you. " Why don't we start eating? " Sugawara suggested as Semi and Yaku nodded, helping you grab food onto your plate and feeding you slowly and in small bites.

•♤•

" Lunch time, everyone!! " The managers of Nekoma shouted across the gym, catching everyone's attention since everyone had finished playing matches with each other.

While everyone went outside where the food was prepared, you, for the first time in a while, was alone.

You were at the entrance of the other side of the gym, sitting at the stairs, for some reason, you felt a little gloomy and everyone seemed too busy at the moment to check on you.

Why were you there in the first place?

You didn't know either, after Yaku, Semi and Sugawara fed you, you were playing with Kyoutani and Yahaba but they were called onto the game, somehow, your feet brought you to where you are now.

There were 2 things that you were thinking about, 1 was that you were forgetting something very important, and 2 was that you felt really empty without it around.

What was it and why can't you remember?

Looking back, you see the coaches in a circle, probably talking about stuff you wouldn't understand. You looked at the sky, somewhat feeling as if someone was staring back at you. You didn't notice that flower has flown onto the top of your head. You giggle and grab the flower, looking at it closely, it was a daisy.

Your mother's favorite.

You muttered her name, a smile creeping on your lips as you smell the little daisy. It's familiar scent comforting you as you sigh.

Closing your eyes for a minute, you suddenly hear rustling to your left. Curiously, you stand up and look at the bush that was shaking a little. Your tiny hands raise by themselves as you reach to whatever was inside the bushes.

Before you could though, something stopped you as if someone placed a hand on your shoulder. Turning around, you saw no one, making you a little sad since you hoped it was one of your friends. You didn't notice that a dog has ran out of the bushes you were reaching in too.

You just watched it leave, not really caring about it, until you saw something in it's mouth. It was pink and looked soft.

BunBuns..?

Your eyes widen as your legs start running by themselves, following the dog and trying to catch up to get BunBuns back. " BunBuns!! BunBuns!! Come back!! " You kept screaming for him to come back. After all, he was all you have from your mother.

But the dog wouldn't stop running and you were determined to get your stuffie back, no matter what it takes. Your breathing hitched and your legs were becoming numb but you wouldn't give up.

" ___!! Where are you going!? " A bunch of footsteps was trailing behind you, the voice belonged to Tendou, you can tell by the way his voice cracked. He was most likely worried about why you were running away. " ___!! Come back, please!! " Even Shirabu was there, his pleading just went over your head.

" ___, stop!! " Semi shouted, trying to quicken up his pace but all of them were tired from practicing all morning. " It's no use, we'll have to grab her by force. " Tendou stated as the others nod, beads of sweat going down his forehead.

You couldn't see anything around you except for what was in front of you. You were too focused that you didn't realize you were nearing the road. You didn't stop running though, the last thing you saw was a car speeding towards you.

" ___!! "