Chapter 29

Y/N POV

Orphanage.

I walked slowly through the ruins of what supposed to be an orphanage. The smell of burning wood is still quite fresh, that's mean it recently burned. The once lively place full of laughter of the children running around the courtyard are now replaced by a creeping silence. I see the church's stone wall is charred, suddenly I hear sound a from behind me.

Young Y/N: 2...1 ready or not here I comes!

I see a vision of younger me, searching around.

Young Y/N: hehe, don't think you guys can hide forever.

Chuckling, I remembered that I always cheating when playing hide and seek. The younger me then walked towards the bushes.

Young Y/N: don't think you can hide....

Kid: aaaaaaaa

Young Y/N: (chuckle)

The vision then fades

Y/N: grrrrrr.

I walked around the ruins, all part of the orphanage are basically in the same state. Charred woods, blacken wall, destroyed furniture. Then i return to the last place I haven't checked yet. Inside of the church.

Alice: Y/N!

Y/N: sis?

I turned around and see xenovia and my sister are running towards me.

Y/N: what are you doing here?

Alice: the summit was under attack by Loki.

Y/N: what? Everyone is okay?

Xenovia: (nod) thankfully issei managed to beat him before he do anything to destructive. Right now, Ms president and the others are confronting him as we speak.

Y/N: aren't you two supposed to be there?

Alice: we already ordered to give you any assistance.

I raised an eyebrow and look at them questioningly

Y/N: you Know there's nothing in this world could really threatened me right?

Alice: well even if you said that we already have our order.

Y/N: (sigh) fine then, but you two better leave the heavy lifting to me.

I the turn to the wooden door and slowly open it.

Y/N: by all that holy....

The church interior is now totally wrecked, the chairs are either destroyed or burned. The altar is destroyed, the cross is split into two.

As we walked through the church I stumbled into something. I looked down and see it's a cross that used to be in the altar.

Y/N: in my years of raining terror, I have never desecrated any holy sites or unnecessarily attack unarmed settlement. Who in their right mind did this?

Xenovia walked towards me and pat my shoulder.

Xenovia: we will find them Y/N, then we will have Justice.

I tightened my grip on the cross and gently put it down.

Y/N: the only Justice the they'll received is the justice of the grave.

I then noticed something on the ground.

Y/N: it can't be.

Alice: what is it Y/N?

I pick up a pebbles.

Y/N: this thing doesn't belong to this world.

Xenovia: it's just another stone for me.