𝟐𝟏.

CHAPTER 21.| SHADES OF BLUE
Knowing they'll never be yours.

| SHADES OF BLUEKnowing they'll never be yours

__

Arsyn sat on the floorboards with Cara, Din, and Omera. She had tried to escape but Cara gave her a stern look and well she didn't want to fight anyone at the moment.

The four of them watched the children play, no matter the tension it was eased with the silence.

She had much to think about, playing with the medallion Shaye gave her, it was made out of pure silver, it stood out from the rest of her but she didn't mind it.

"I'm leaving him here." Arsyns head lifted slightly adjusting it to face the Mandalorian who stood behind her. Leaving everyone in shock by the sudden information.

"Traveling with me, that's no life for a kid" It was true, danger followed them like wolves hunted for prey. "You should stay too. He would miss you. You seem to get along well with the villagers. You can start a new life here"

Cara looked to Arsyn in absolute horror, she saw the way her gears were grinding. It wasn't the alpha she grew to know it looked like the way everyone had described her in stories.

"I think you two should talk about this." Omera, much like him, spoke and acted calmly no matter what was going on. She and Cara made a quick getaway.

"How could you do this?" The way she said it broke him. He couldn't look at her. She grabbed his arm tightly. Made him look. "Answer me"

"Its for the best, Alpha" His voice was firm, certain.

Arsyn let out breathless laugh backing away "Really? You're going to have to try better than that"

"I did my job. He's safe, your safe. Better chance at a life"

"But just like that?"

"Alpha. I know if you stayed, you would be able to protect everyone here. You're capable of doing that"

"It's not your decision to make. . . You made me feel like I did something wrong everyday we've spent here—you know what it doesn't matter. Why should I tell you anything if you are only going to be leaving us."

"You should've never came back for me. You should've just left me with Talía to die" Arsyn pushes past him hearing his steps "Stop following me" She turned only for him to grab hold of her biceps and push into the barn

"Let go." She said lowly "I said let go" and he did. Her eyes were glossy and betrayed, he had done that to her, he was the cause of her pain.

"The only reason why I did everything is because of you. I know you're afraid.

"I am. I'm afraid of losing you and what did you do? You left me instead and the only person here to notice was Cara. A woman I haven't known longer than you. What did you think you would accomplish by doing so?"

"I don't want you to leave me. I don't want anyone to leave me. . . But that told me otherwise" Arsyn's voice wobbled. She was frustrated and upset.

"I'm sorry, Alpha. I thought maybe if you spent time with the villagers you would want to stay, and live the rest of your life here. With the child"

"Without you? That was your plan? To come here and experiment. Did you expect me to say yes?"

"I'm not asking you to stay."

"Oh, What else have you decided for me, who I was going to marry?"

"Alpha it's not like that"

"It doesn't matter.I guess I wasted my time coming back to you" Arsyn goes around him leaving the barn away from the crowds, the further she walked the less she heard.

'I should've stayed with Shaye. I should've stayed to learn about my culture, to know myself more. Two hundred and sixty nine years to go, I guess' Arsyn cried towards the sky leaning against the tree, she wanted to scream and just break everything she had created in her mind. To let go. How did Shaye even control her powers when she had no one to rely on?

A loud shot rang making her flinch. She faced towards the echo and ran up the path, only getting a few yards before turning a corner and finding Cara standing over a dead man. A bounty hunter, judging from the rifle in his hands and the fob Cara held.

The fob was now in her hands as she caught it. The assassin looked up seeing the child not far from her view. They had finally caught up to them, it was now that she knew they would be leaving soon.

"We have to tell him." Arsyn states and walked off having Cara follow behind her. Now was the time to store their conversation, the kid was no longer safe here.

The Mandalorian met them halfway seeing the fob in her hands "They know he's here. And they'll keep coming." She crushed the tracker with her power letting it fall.

The assassin gave no other word but went in search of the kid seeing him with Omera and the rest of his friends. The child waddled towards her making her crouch and take him in her arms—as much as she was angry, She should've placed herself last, she was upset that it even made her breakdown.

"Buddy, I'm so sorry" She apologized. It wasn't going to change anything, but she meant it from the heart.

There were still a few things to pack up, so Arsyn and Cara finished doing that while the Mandalorian had gone to tell Omera the news. She happened to catch a glimpse of them outside, Omera's hands on either side of his helmet. She blinked and looked away.

"Hurts doesn't it. Seeing the person you love with someone else" Arsyn stared down not wanting to look any longer.

"I didn't realize it before. I mean—I thought differently. . . I don't know why I keep doing this to myself"

"You don't always have a choice in that." Cara reassured. Arsyn disagreed, it wasn't just seeing him with her, it was that she couldn't have him. Knowing too much is what made her feel like shit.

"Cara there are so many things that I can't even say, mostly because I don't know how to say them. Or explained them"

"Everything is just coming too fast. I don't think I can handle it"

"Listen to me. I don't know you as well as others, you aren't like what anyone says. But the things you've done have helped people, maybe not everyone. Alpha you can do things I haven't seen anyone do, you can figure this out.Besides—he cares about you, more than you could ever imagine" Cara pats her shoulder leaving her in her thoughts.

Arsyn eyes looked over towards him seeing him hold Omera's hands, all she could do was muster a weak smile. She had to try and make the best of it on however long they had.