Chapter Twenty-Nine

I pulled the sleeves down on my cardigan nervously as I sat in a booth at the grill. Caroline sat at the bar, dressed to kill. My eyes had widened when seeing a tight black dress that fell halfway between pelvis and knee. Her hair was down and wavy. One day I hoped I could pull something like that off and get the attention she was getting. Most guys would stare at her as they walked past. She had compelled a few away from her. we had a plan in place, Caroline was distracting Klaus, hopefully he would drink enough to slow him down a tad before I could siphon off the magic that coursed through his system. My body hummed in anticipation. Otherwise, plan B, Stefan and Damon were just in the alley way outside with a couple of stakes, Bonnie currently cloaking them. Elena was just across the road. She refused to let me be alone. Jeremy was at the cabin with Alaric, trying to tone the hunter side down. I had barely spoken to him. the rift was growing between us. Another thing to blame Klaus for.

My eyes darted up as someone sat across from me with a smug smile on their devilish face.

"Kol."

I looked away from him, not letting his face or presence distract me.

"Darling, what a pleasant surprise."

My eyes shifted to Caroline who was on her feet, concern on her face.

"What do you want?" I smiled.

"Well, for starters, Carol may want to resume her sitting position, or I may be forced to rip that beating heart out of her chest." He mused.

My eyes darted to Caroline who looked torn. She didn't want me to be near Kol but at the same time, she was scared. I didn't blame her. Kol was an original. I gave her a nod and she sat back down. My heart was pumping a million times a second and Kol just smiled, leaning casually against the wall.

"Have I told you that you have a lovely heartbeat?" he asked.

"Yes, once." I answered, gulping. Would he still stick with his word?

"It's like music to my ears." He closed his eyes, listening and I felt fear wash over me. I pulled the cardigan sleeves down, trying to keep myself calm.

"Relax, darling. We are just having a pleasant conversation."

I looked up, meeting his eyes and seeing there was a swirl of darkness there. He leaned onto the table, whispering so Caroline couldn't hear.

"You need to leave."

I went to reply, telling him I wasn't going when the door opened and Klaus and Elijah both walked in. Klaus looked amused, a smile dancing over his face as he saw Caroline. Elijah brushed non-existent dirt of his suit jacket. His eyes scanned the area, falling on me. He cocked his head, making his way over to where I was sitting.

"Jordan, what a lovely surprise. How is school?" he asked.

"School is good, we are on break now." I smiled, feeling nervous.

"Any plans?" he asked. I could see a look in his eyes, he was calculating his questions, waiting to see if I would slip up with a lie. I shook my head. I didn't have plans, well maybe just more research about the siphon thing.

"How are you?" I asked after a few long seconds of silence.

"Well thank you." He answered me with a smile. I smiled before turning back to Kol. I tried to ignore the overwhelming power that came from the two of them. it was surrounding me and felt like it was smothering me. The fire was inside me felt painful, I pulled a face before trying to cover it.

"Jordan?" Elijah's soothing voice.

I stood up abruptly. And smiled at both originals before walking out the grill.

"Jordan?" Elena's voice.

"Caroline......Kol, Elijah and Klaus." I pointed to the grill. Elena nodded, vanishing inside the grill. The night air was chilly, I pulled my cardigan tighter around myself, this pain pulsing through my body. I fell to knees, crying out. I crawled along the ground, my vision started to blur, before I gave out completely. 

I woke up, hearing an awful beeping sound. I groaned, rolling over and realizing the beeping sounded continued. I opened my eyes and frowned. I was in the hospital, why was I in the hospital. I looked around the room, no one was in here. Strange. Elena or Jeremy should be here if I was in the hospital.

A nurse came in to check on me, I sat up.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Someone found you passed out in the middle on the walkway. He brought you here."

"He?" I asked.

"Yes, he is outside too." she pointed to the door. I looked, craning my neck trying to make a person out. The nurse finished up, leaving me in the room. The door opened, the man walking in. I smiled brightly.

"Tyler?"

"Hey Jords. How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Better, thank to you. How are you? Your back!" I smiled.

Klaus had turned Tyler Lockwood into a hybrid, forcing him to be sired to him. Tyler had fled to break the sire bond and to hopefully one day kill Klaus. I gestured for him to sit down, pulling my legs up to make room.

"Thanks." He smiled at me, sitting at the end of the bed. "I'm glad I came back, I watched you when you fell. I was going to help Caroline and Elena with the originals but when I heard you cry out, I couldn't leave you. What's going on?" he looked at me with concern.

I explained to him about the siphoning and the fact I could do it. he frowned.

"So, Kol and Elijah caused you pain?" he asked.

"In a way yes. I have never felt the pain before though." I frowned, glancing down at my wrist, the bracelet still attached. When I brought it up to inspect it, the red glow dimmed considerably. That didn't look good. I would have to talk to Bonnie about that.

"How are you feeling now?" he leaned over, brushing my hair away form my face. I smiled. Tyler had changed a lot, he use to be a massive dick, especially to Jeremy. Now he was like a big brother. He had always gone out of his way for Jeremy and I. before he had left, he spent heaps of time over playing some playstation game with Jeremy. I would hang out with them, yelling at the screen.

"I'm ok....well, I think I am." Said with a frown of concentration.

"Do you need to..." he trailed off, offering me his hand. I shook my head quickly. Tyler was one of the last people I wanted to hurt.

"I can handle it Jordan. I promise." He reassured me. I bit my lip, peeking at him before taking his hand. I could feel the magic flow through me. I closed my eyes for a few seconds before pulling my hand back. Tyler had pain on his face before he weakly smiled at me.

"I can see why Damon dies from it." he wheezed out.

"Yeah......I am sorry." I said quickly, hiding my hands under the blanket so I didn't hurt him by accident. I felt a trillion times better, he smiled at me, poking my cheek quickly.

"You look better." He said.

"Thanks."

"Let's get you back to mine where you can get some peace and rest."

I nodded. Matt owned Tyler's house now and only Tyler had been invited it. No one knew Tyler was back, so that meant I would be safe for a night at his place.