59.

Rage.

THERE was only one path for him to take in order to escape from his marriage and that is to run away. Knowing the Wei clan's power and influence, as well as the ever powerful imperial family, his thought of escaping vanished into thin air for it was impossible for him. No--it was impossible for a person to escape from an imperial decree without facing the harsh consequences of it. He became muddled for a bit because he was flabbergasted of the sudden imperial decree.

      After much thought his mind became clear and he started laughing. He laugh so hard like a craze man “Ah... so in the end I got stuck with the f*cking male lead. I tried so hard to do everything in my power just to avoid him but that son of a b*tch won't leave me alone and even that b*tchy female lead, although she's a babe, she's getting into my nerves. All of the main characters should die! Die!” Yan Gen immediately covered his mouth when he realized he's been cursing and flailing around like a mental person. Looking around, he saw his personal maids staring incredulously at him.

       And here he thinks his mind became totally clear, it was starting to get clouded by anger. “Xiaojie sure is happy today” Baihe said with a smile. Happy? Which part of him is happy. His personal maids thought that he's happy of the imperial decree. They all knew how much the young miss like the fifth prince. She was head over heels for him in the first place. How could her feelings for him vanished in an instant?

       Although her forgetting all of her memories cannot be fully guaranteed, there's a possibility she's just using it as an excuse to attract the prince and play hard to get. Aiyyah, miss is truly talented when it comes to this area, the fifth prince was successfully hook on the bait.

        First Impression last forever, Yan Gen thought as he look at his maidservants' expression. Zhilan's personality took a great turn when he took over but these pretty maids have been at Zhilan's side since she was little. They knew how cunning their miss is even though they now see her in a positive light ever since her accident in the temple.

        “You all roll! Roll!” Seeing their expression agitates Yan Gen even more. He waved his hands at them and his courtyard was immediately evacuated except for his two headmaids, Meigui and Baihe are the only ones in his courtyard now. He give them a minimal task so that they can get out of his chamber. He can't bear their teasing and knowing glances.

        What he wants right now is a quiet place for him to be able to think rationally, he can't let his emotions rule over him. He'll eventually figure something out. Yan Gen threw himself on his bed, breathing out heavily.

       It hasn't been a day and he's already stressed out. Gritting his teeth, he punched the beddings. It doesn't have much impact of course. “Gotta vent my anger first before I can think rationally”

          An hour later. Baihe and Meigui were surprised to find their mistress'chamber in a mess, the pillows are spilled and the beddings are ripped. There are also pretty expensive hanfus lying on the ground, all ripped. It was the clothes that Zhu Mingli bought for him when they were in the Spring Festival.

         The two of them gulped, it seems that their mistress temper is still as scary as ever. To destroy such expensive materials, what a waste. Well... at the very least, it wasn't them that she vented their anger into.

            Baihe walked to their mistress who's serenely sitting at the end of the veranda “Xiaojie, the tea... the tea you've asked” her hands are a bit shaking when she came near her mistress. Zhilan poured a hot cup of tea on her before when she got mad by some arrogant noble ladies. She sometimes vent her anger on them, that's why Baihe can't help herself from shaking in fear “You can put it down here”

      Baihe quickly did as she was told and fled out of her courtyard along with Meigui.

        “That damn Zhu Mingli...” Yan Gen cursed again. Ah... it seems that he wasn't able to completely calm himself. Though he destroyed some things related to that person.

          He lied down on the floor, swinging his feet on the elevated ground. Once he saw that arrogant prince again, he'll give him a piece of his mind, not only that, he'll definitely give him a lot of damage.

         Yan Gen has to land a few punches on his handsome face and a few kicks on his lower region. How dare he marry him without asking for his consent first. Fine, this is an ancient era where women have few rights to themselves but still... if he truly like him, he should have asked.

          “He probably knows that he'll get dump” thus... he asked for an imperial decree instead. Whether he likes it or not, Yan Gen will have to marry him.

          Even if he run away, the Wei clan will bear the punishment, all of their clan members will perish. No matter how much he convinced himself that he has nothing to do with this evil Wei clan, his conscience wouldn't let him do as he wish.

           A week passed and Yan Gen haven't heard about Zhu Mingli. He probably died somewhere.

            The wedding preparation is still going on but they have yet to pick an auspicious wedding date.

            Whatmore, Yan Gen has to embroider his wedding dress. Goodness, he can't believe it. What's the use of his dozens of maids? They aren't here in the household for decoration, they are here to serve their masters. Why does he has to do the embroidery when he has a shitty skill in that area? He really ought to kill Zhu Mingli, assassinating him on the day of their wedding doesn't sound like a bad idea.

         Whenever Yan Gen pricked himself, he would curse Zhu Mingli again and again.

I really am sorry for not updating often nowadays. Aside from school works, I got really into a game called Call Me Empror (I quite it now though) and a Lookism Webtoon. I like Vasco by the way, he may not be the best looking in there but he's true to himself. He look like a delinquent but he's a good guy, he's so naive and that's what make him really likeable.

I ended up advertising him. lol.

Anyway, I'll probably update another chapter tomorrow.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer