Chapter Seven (Edited)

~ Everyday is an opportunity to have a fresh start. It doesn't matter what happened yesterday all that counts is today. When you wake up in the morning know that today is full of opportunities waiting to be grabbed. It is a new day, a new start, the beginning of a new life awaits you. ~

I woke up really early the next day, I felt a lot better. I switched on my stereo and decided it was time to get ready. I quickly jumped in the shower and I started to get dressed. "What to wear.." I murmur wrapping in my towel staring in to my wardrobe. I chose a pair of black trousers and a white button up shirt. I put Jett in a pair of blue jeans and a white t-shirt. "Bolton We'll be back later." I shout as we leave I grab my bag, keys, my coffee and my phone and then we left. I put Jett's seat in the front and I strapped him in. I put my coffee in the holder and I jumped in the front, I done my seat belt up and started the engine.

The radio quietly played until a song we both liked was on. Jett turned the radio up and we both danced in the car. We wiggled and sung at the top of our lungs. We pulled up outside the local nursery and before I jumped out I undone Jett's belt. I walked over to Jett's side and let him climb out. "What are we doing here mommy?" Jett asks as he takes my hand and we walk towards the entrance. "We're gonna sign you up for nursery." I say smiling at him. Jett nods "Okay mommy." He smiles and we both enter the nursery reception. "Hello how may I help you?" The front desk woman asks. "I'm here to inquire about nursery placement." I say smiling. The woman smiles at me and then smiles down at Jett. "Well I could have a talk to you right now if your not busy?" Another woman says as she walks from the back room. "That's great." I say smiling.

"My name is Jay, I'm the manager of this nursery." Jay says as she shakes my hand. "Hi, I'm Olivia Carter and this is my son Jett Carter." I say smiling while I shake her hand. "Nice to meet you." Jay said smiling, she looks down smiling at Jett. "And nice to meet you, how old are you?" Jay says smiling. "I'm two." Jett says smiling at her. "Oh wow two, your a big boy" Jay says smiling. Jett grins proudly. "Now what could I help you with today." Jay says smiling. "I recently moved around the corner and I was wondering if you have any places available? I am willing to pay the first six months in advance." I say smiling at her. Jay pulls out her book and looks through her pages. "We've got a space available, but he's going to have to start next week as we are really busy this week. We will do a tour of the nursery now, show Jett his class and introduce him. If that's fine with you?" Jay asks looking up from her glasses. "That's fine" I say smiling. "Before we start. Could I get you to fill out these forms." Jay says as hands me a few forms and I smile while I sit there filling them out, I put Bolton, my mom and dad as the emergency contacts if they can't get hold of me, which is probably never going to happen. I hand Jay back her forms she smiles and puts them to one side. "Shall we start?" She says smiling. We both nod standing up. She leads us out the office and she shows us the school.

It was 12:00pm and me and Jett decided to walk around their town centre, It was small but very popular, everyone knew each other or at least I think they did. They greeted each other as they walked past each other. We walked past a coffee shop which had a staff wanted sign in the window. "Jett mommy's going in here quickly, do you want a cupcake?" I ask him smiling as I hold the door open for him. Jett looks up and smiles, he walks in and I follow behind him. I don't think I was looking where I was going because I walked straight into a rock hard figure. "Ouch." I say rubbing my left boob. Looking up to meet the tall figure I had just walked in to, those eyes said it all, it was the same guy from the restaurant the other night, he wore a black suit with a white shirt, he looked really nice. "Sorry." I mumble quickly. "Don't worry about it." He says, huskily. He stares at me like he did at the restaurant, it began to creep me out a little. I walked past him and got a whiff of his scent it was Apple and Cinnamon, he smelt like Christmas. I love Christmas. "See ya tomorrow Betty, same time." He shouts as he walks out. The elderly woman behind the counter smiled and blushed. "What a lovely young chap." Betty says as she pours a coffee and hands it to another lady. "How may I help you dear?" Betty says smiling. "I saw your sign in the window and I was wondering if you are still looking for staff?" I say smiling at her. Betty nods "What's your name?" Betty asks smiling. "Olivia Carter." I say "Can you make a coffee?" She chuckles and I nod "Sure can." I say. "Mommyy!" Jett calls as he stares at the open counter filled with cakes. "And whose this little one?" Betty says as Jett runs over to me. "This is my son, Jett." I say smiling. "What a lovely name, Jett, how old are you dear? You look a little young." She smiles. "Im 18, Jett is two, three in February." I say smiling. "Oh wow, you must have your hands full, does Jett's father do anything?" Betty says smiling. "No, I'm a  single mom, Jett is no trouble at all, I'm just trying to sort my life out to make it better for my son." I say smiling. Betty smiles and nods. "That's great dear, will you be able to start tomorrow?" She says smiling. I nod "That sounds great." I say, "Well alright then dear, I'll see you tomorrow." Betty says. "Mommy can I get a chocolate cake." Jett asks. "Here you go little man." Betty says handing him a paper bag with a cake in it. "Thank you ma'am." Jett says smiling as he takes the paper bag. I take out my purse. "Oh no dearie, don't you worry. It's on the house." Betty beams down at Jett with admiration, I see her eyes twinkle and a smile played on her wrinkly lips. She waves us out. "Thank you." I say smiling. "See you tomorrow." She calls happily from her shop door. "Bye Betty!" Jett shouts as we walk down the road.