A New Light

The next day...

*Yangs POV*

I sat outside the infirmary waiting for Sun to wake up. I haven't slept or eaten anything since the incident. I couldn't after everything that just happened, I just couldn't. I sat there thinking of every possible scenario of what Sun would say when he woke up, about what my punishment would be. Will I be expelled from beacon? I can't leave Ruby here... What if Sun doesn't recover properly... what am I going to do? I thought to myself, only making the mind games worse for myself. I stood up and approached the window that peered into Suns room. His chest slowly rising and falling with each breath he took. I put my hand on the glass in an attempt Sun would come to his senses and wake up. Failed attempt. He continued to sleep, peacefully. "I wish I could go back and change last night. Fix my ginormous fuck up." I said out loud hoping Sun could hear me while in deep sleep. "You can and you will." A voice came from behind me. I turned around to Ozpin standing with his cane in hand. "You know, you did quite a number on him. Almost shattered his chest cavity and nearly broke his jaw." Ozpin said in a calm manner. I turned back around to face Sun arms crossed. "If this is supposed to make me feel better it's failing horribly." I replied. "It's important you know the gravity of the situation Yang. I don't mean to make you feel worse but it's best to tell you so you know what's best to go about this." He said taking a seat in one of the many chairs around. "Yeah, well now I feel a lot worse." I said as the true gravity of the situation settled in. "So does this mean I'm Expelled..." I said afraid of what I would hear. "There's no need to go that far Yang." He said with surprised me. I turned around to face Ozpin directly. "Wait...so I'm not in trouble? But I almost killed Sun, he's in the infirmary for gods sake." I said feeling my voice shake a bit as I said it. "Yang you are not the first to send a fellow student to the infirmary. No matter how hard we try these things happen sometimes. Our emotions take control, and from there it all goes black." Ozpin said to reassure me. "I'm not being punished?" I said in slightly higher pitch. "There's always a consequence to our actions Yang. You are not Expelled but you will be by his side until he fully recovers. And because of the situation other teachers here at Beacon think it's best you don't leave for any missions until he has recovered." He said. "I'm okay with that, I just want him to be okay." Yang said facing back towards Sun. "He will be Yang. Although you'll both still be doing your class work so there's no dodging that." He said chuckling after. I couldn't help but smile at the comment. Was looking forward to not having to do anything class related. "Don't beat yourself up so bad Yang." He said standing up and placing a hand on Yangs shoulder. "Ruby will still have her big sister to look out for her." He said. He started to walk away and I just stared at Sun. Then it hit me, I never told him anything Ruby. I looked to ask him how he knew I thought that but he was already gone. How the... my thought was cut short by movement in the corner of my eye. Sun was awake and sitting up in his bed softly rubbing his chest. "Sun..." I said to myself. I tapped on the glass to get his attention. He slowly turned his head to face me. He looked me right in my eyes. At that moment I felt like he could see sadness in my eyes. I waved at him and gave a forced smile. He motioned for me to enter. My heart was pounding. It felt like my heart was bound to explode. A million thoughts racing through my mind all at once. I made my way to the door, took a deep breath and walked in.

*Suns POV*

She walked in and sat down beside me, the nervousness visible through her body language. It shouldn't be this way but I felt bad. Bad for taunting her into nearly killing me. "Yang before you say anything I want to apologize." I said quietly as it hurt to talk. "You shouldn't be apologizing Sun. It's me who should. I feel so bad and I regret everything and-" I interrupted her mid sentence. "Yes I should. I shouldn't have edged you on like I did. What happened is what I deserve. I'm sorry Yang." I said looking right into her eyes. Beautiful lilac eyes... I thought to myself. I could see a tear slip down her cheek and onto her hands which were placed in her lap. "Sun I am so sorry. I lost control and didn't know what was happening until it was over. I hurt you badly and I can never forgive myself for it. You almost died Sun... because of me." She said as tears began to flow from her eyes. "Yang, it's okay. I don't blame you and I'm not upset with you. If anything I'm thankful for what you did." I said to her trying to make her feel better. "What? But...why?" She responded sounding a bit confused. "Because now we can start on actual good terms. Fresh start." I told her. "Sun your chest nearly shattered. I almost broke your jaw..." she said shakily. "Oh, so that's what happened. Last night is still kind of blurry." I said able to get a slight laugh from her. "But hey, last night is in the past, I want to live in the now and plan for the future. So please Yang... don't drag yourself down." I said able to get an actual smile from her this time. "Well then it's time for you to get used to me." She said wiping her eyes of tears. "Cause I'll be helping take care of you until your better. Ozpins rule." She said. "Wait, what about class and our missions?" I asked her. "No missions and no class until you make a full recovery." She informed me. "No class? That's awesome." I said getting a bit excited. "Yeah but we will still be doing the classwork. Consider it like homeschooling." She said with a smirk. I closed my eyes in disappointment "Dammit, almost." I said chuckling as Yang joined me. She placed a hand on my forehead as if she was checking my temperature. Her hand was soft and warm to the touch. It honestly felt relaxing. "I'm sorry Sun... I really am." She said quietly barely able to get the sentence out. "Me too. Just don't do whatever you did to my chest again please. Kinda hurts." I said giving off I slight laugh. Yang laughed too and removed her hand from my head. "You should get some rest when you can. I'll get the Nurse." She said smiling and standing up. She walked out of the room and I took a deep breath in and released it slowly. Yang...