Chapter thirty three

"What?" Virgil asked in shock.

"I asked what happened with Emily?" Lucia asked.

"I-I-" Virgil began. His phone pinged, so he looked at it.

Patton: I was just with Ram&Kurt! They said that Roman's lying about Emily!

Virgil: what?

Patton: yeah, they said they didn't force Roman into it- I don't know how to explain it, but I think we should confront Roman!

Virgil: well he just left my house to go to his. Something tells me his mom isn't happy with him. Anyways, my mom wants answers too so bye

Virgil put his phone away, sighing.

"You already know the story mom." Virgil said, "he just wanted to know what was going on."

"Oh yeah. Alright honey, well i'm going to go to bed, goodnight!"

Virgil decided that if Roman said wasn't the truth, there was no point in telling her a lie.

His mom walked upstairs to go to bed, and Virgil sat on the couch, soon enough, falling asleep there.

--------------------

Roman walked inside of his house and was barely prepared for what his mom would do.

She was going to send him off to jail.

She was going to disown him.

She was going to hate him.

She would tell everyone.

Everybody would turn him away.

He walked to the living room and saw his mom.

With Ram and Kurt.

"And basically that's what happened. That's the truth. But don't worry, the guy Andrew apparently is in Jail right now. We were just stalking Virgil, so we saw some weird police officers take him away- oh, hi Roman!" Kurt said.

"Well we should be going now. Bye bye!" Ram grabbed Kurt's hand and darted out of the house.

Roman took a nervous bite of his apple.

"That...I can't believe I never knew..." Katlin whispered, walking away from her son, "Roman...you did that? You used them as a cover up?"

"Mom, I-" but she held a finger up to silence him. He felt his whole world crashing around him, everyone hated him and everyone was mad at him. What was he going to do? Why had he told them that at truth or dare? Why? WHY DIDN'T HE JUST SAY SOMETHING ELSE?!

"Roman, I can't believe what you did. What Ram and Kurt did. What Andrew did. Maybe, if I squint—damn it—if I squint, I can understand why you did it..or why you felt like you had to. You were still young—gosh—probably not older than fifteen. But you were old enough to know it was wrong! To come to me— or the police! Anyone! But you just didn't!"

"Mom, I don't want to hear this right now" he growled, beginning to walk away.

"Then when, Roman?! When?!" She cried with a breaking voice, "You have to face the consequences sooner or later! And what was all that about a damn check?! You did it for money?!"

Roman whipped around, and with all of his might, threw his apple at his mother. She screamed out a curse, and Roman went rampant, "You donMt know a damn thing! You don't know why or how—it escalated, mom, it escalated so, so quickly!" He cried.

"It was never supposed to get that far..." he panted, calming down. He noticed his fists were balled up, and his apple laud discarded on he floor next to his mother, who was holding her cheek where the apple hit.

"What have you become...?" She whispered, "Roman, you-you're just like him..."

Roman's eyes widened as he backed away, realizing what he'd said—what he'd done. The reality was sinking in, and no matter how he imagined the situation, he found hisself trapped.

"Roman...we'll talk about this later. I have to call Lucia and make sure she's okay. Please, just go...go to your room, okay?" She asked.

--------------------

Logan yawned from where he was on the couch, waking up.

"Babes, your yawn is so cute" Remy said with a playful smirk.

"Oh shut up..." Logan muttered as Emile giggled.

"Hey where's Patton?" Logan asked.

"Oh he left a few hours ago-"

Suddenly the door slammed open, cutting Emile off.

"HI GUYS!" A sugar high Patton screamed from the top of his lungs.

"Oh god don't tell me-" Logan began.

"Yep. He went to Starbucks" Emile sighed.

"Whoo, go Patton!" Remy cheered.

Logan sighed and grabbed his phone, only to find a hundred texts from the group chat.

Well, more like five, but still.

StinkyTrashMan: Guys Janus's mom just walked in while we were 👉🏻👌🏻

DeceitSoNatural: DUDE!

StinkyTrashMan: lol

AnxiousEmoBean: you guys are amazing.

StinkyTrashMan: ikr

Coffee4Life: are you two still banging?

StinkyTrashMan: oh yeah, Damien's going really deep, I think he hit my Prostate i'm probably going to bleed judging by how hard he went

(A/n: totally not referencing my other book)

DeceitSoNatural: REMUS!

StinkyTrashMan: O W

AnxiousBean: What happened?

StinkyTrashMan: HE SLAMMED INTO ME!

AprinceHasgotToslay⚔️: Remus I really don't need to know about your sex life, also you did it on my bed?!?

StinkyTrashMan: :P

Emile: guys, please.

Logan: I quit with all of you. Every single one of you are hopeless beings.

AnxiousBean: I can hear the sigh of disappointment through the phone.