Part 65

A spotlight fell on the centre table which had a cake on it. The whole place had fairy lights and stars around just the way khushi likes it. Now that everything was lit up khushi realised that it was a huge banquet hall with just the two of them.
Khushi looked around and said: yeh..aap..(what are you...)

Arnav smiled and said: happy birthday khushi! He looked at the watch and said: bara baj gaye hai so technically its your birthday! (It's already 12.. so technically its your birthday!)

Khushi had her mouth open: hum to yeh jhagrey ke chakkar mein bhul hi gaye they ki kal hamara janamdin hai..aapko yaad tha? (I forgot all about it because of our fight...you remember?)

Arnav: haan yaad tha aur yeh bhi pata tha ki tumhe jhagrey ilava kuch yaad nehi tha... He laughed. ..(yes and I knew you wouldn't remember anything besides our fight)

Khushi hugged him and said: humey bilkul achha nehi lagta jab hum aise lartey hai (I don't like it when we fight like this)

Arnav: aur fir tumhe manane ke liye mujhe aise filmi dramey karne partey hai..woh bhi sabko shamil karke...(and then I have to do such filmi dramas that also involving everyone)

That is when struck to khushi that the whole gang was involved.

Khushi: iska matlab di, bhaiya sab miley huye they? (that means everyone was in this?)

Arnav: yeah everyone...infact yeh idea siddharth ka tha...(yes and infact this was siddharth's idea)

Khushi: kya!! Bhaiya?(what? Bro?)

Arnav: haan... Waise nk ne bhi idea diya tha....(yes..by the way infact nk also gave one idea)

Khushi said excitedly: achha!! (really!!)

Arnav raised his eyebrow and said sarcastically: mere accident ka..(yes of my accident)

Khushi: kya! Hey devi maaiya...yeh nanheji bhi na! (Oh God!)

Khushi: arnavji!

Arnav: haan?(yes)

Khushi: shukriya! (thank you)

Arnav smirked and said: aise thank you se kya hota hai khushi? (such thank you wont work)

Khushi: matlab?(meaning?)

Arnav: matlab yeh ki maine tumharey liye itna kuch kiya to tumhe bhi to...(means if I have done so much for you even you should..)

He bent towards her and khushi understood exactly what he meant. Khushi looked here and there and said: arnavji..yahaan...(arnavji...here..)

Arnav whispered: koi nehi hai..sivaye hum dono ke...(there's no one here apart from you and me)

Khushi looked down and her lips trembled as arnav closed in even more. And she could not speak after that. It was as magical as ever. After sometime when she tried to break apart, he didn't let her and said: not so soon khushi..kafi sataya tumne mujhe...(not so soon khushi...you have troubled me enough)

He closed in again.

Anjali weeped for a while and then realised she was holding siddharth. As soon as the realisation dawned on her she quickly left him and said: I am sorry siddharth...humey maaf kar do... Bas hum janvi ko leke pareshan they to....humey maaf kar do...(I am sorry siddharth...please forgive me...I was worried about janvi so...I am sorry)

Siddharth didn't say anything for some time and just heard her.
Then slowly lifted his hand and wiped her tears. He had an intense serious look on his face.

Siddharth: tum kya mehsoos karti ho yeh main achhi tarah se samajhta hoon...lekin shayed tum mujhe abhi tak samajh nehi payi..tabhi to..(I understand your feelings...but I guess you haven't understood me as yet..that's why..)

Anjali slowly took janvi from siddharth's arms and then made her lie down and then said without looking at him: humey aisa nehi karna chahiye tha...hum aisa nehi kar saktey...humey koi haq nehi ki hum...(I shouldn't have done this...I can't do this...I don't have the right)

Siddharth didn't answer and started walking towards the door. Anjali looked at him go and thought he agreed with what she said and deep down her heart sank as somewhere subconsciously she hoped he would say that she did have the right. Anjali looked down and turned away.
As Siddharth reached the door he turned and said: anjali..

Anajli looked at him.

Siddharth: main intezar karunga..jab tumhe khud ehsaas ho ki kis cheez pe tumhara haq hai.... Aur jis din tumhe yeh pata chalega...mujhe kuch kehene ki zarurat nehi hogi...(I will wait...till you realize what right you have..and the day you realize I will not have to say anything)

Raat bohot ho gayi hai..ab so jao...good night (it's already very late..you sleep now..good night...)

Anjali stood there looking at him. She understood every bit of what he just said and no one but her heart knew what she had started to feel for him, no one would be happier than her if she could reciprocate but one thing held her behind her past. She thought Siddharth deserved someone much better, not someone with a dark past like her. She cursed herself for feeling like that and then cried for some time. Finally she closed her eyes and promised to herself: nehi hum aisa hone denge...siddharth ek bohot achha ladka hai aur hum apni wajah se usey koi taklif nehi de saktey....(I will not let this happen...he is a nice guy and I can't make him go through any pain or trouble because of me)

Siddharth went to his room and stood near the window. He thought of the moment he spent moments ago with anjali. He promised to himself: anjali main tumhe aapni zindagi ka hissa banana chahta hoon...lekin sirf tab jab tum khud aakey mera hath thamogi...main tumpe koi davaw nehi daalna chahta...(I want to make you a part of my life...but when you will come and hold my hand..i don't want to create any pressure on you).

The love which existed between the two was still to see the light of the day, but there was another side of love which had sailed through choppy waters and reached its s****.

A breathless khushi pushed arnav and went and stood near the table, clutching the table tightly trying to get a grip on herself. But only if her husband let her be!

He came and hugged her from behind, breathing heavily on her shoulders and said: kya hua? Pata hai khushi jab tum aise sharmati ho to...I love u even more...(what happened? You know when you blush like this...I love you even more...)

He seductively traced his hand from her arms to her finger making her melt. Then slowly held her hand and lifted up the knife and made her cut the cake. Khushi had no idea whatsoever on what she was doing. He then took a little bit of the cake and put it in her mouth. He smiled and said: happy birthday khushi! I wish tumhe duniya ki saari khushiya mile! And kissed her forehead. (Happy Birthday khushi! I wish you get all the happiness in the world.)

Khushi took a little bit of the cake on her finger, stepped on her toe but instead of putting the cake, gave a peck on his lips, and brushed the cake on his nose and said with a smile: aap sath ho to khushiya bhi sath hai.(if you are there with me then the happiness will always be there).

Arnav loved her mischief as always. He pulled her by her waist, rubbed his nose with hers so that even her nose got a share of the cake and hugged her once again.

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें