Getting Together (Valentine Special)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
Enjoy the story and holiday! 😊💝

(f/S) means "favorite Smasher", but you and your fav. are opposite genders

3rd person POV

Today is Valentine's Day. Everyone was pumped up for the holiday, and they also finished preparing all their delectable treats and gifts for each and every Smasher. Even presents for the Hand brothers as well! But these Valentines weren't the only things the Smashers were preparing. There's also going to be a Valentine's Day party in the Smash Mansion! This is the first time they've ever had a real celebration for this holiday. They have parties for the other holidays too, but not with problems.

In the past, Valentine's Day has been celebrated but the parties weren't good and they didn't go as planned. Everyone was too used to the food, the decor was worn out, tons of Smashers were running out of ideas for their Valentine gifts, and everyone already knew what's supposed to happen on this holiday.

Now that there's a new generation of Smashers, they gave new thoughts, new ideas, and new recipes to the previous generations of Smashers. Not only that, but anyone new that didn't know Valentine's Day or what goes on, the other Smashers explained it to them.

Right now everyone was in the cafeteria having breakfast with each other and having conversations about the party. They talked about what kinds of music could/would be played, what food and beverages could be there, who'd do what, etc.

"So do you know what the party's gonna be like?"

"I don't know exactly but I know that everyone's going to have tons of fun!"

"And don't forget that there's also going to be gifts, food, music, and dancing. I don't know about games though."

When breakfast was over, everyone went back to their rooms and double-checked their Valentine goodies. Cards, chocolate, candy, plushies and many other items became holiday gifts. Some Smashers that were couples though, decided to go on dates or head out for a while. Couples like Robin and Lucina, and Link and Zelda for example. Although, there are two single Smashers that wanted to be a couple with each other.

Those two Smashers are (Y/N) and (f/S). They've known each other for a few years now. They're best friends, but (f/S) wanted to be more than friends with (Y/N).

While those two were preparing gifts in their own room like everyone else, they couldn't really stop thinking about each other once in a while. So instead of giving each other any ordinary Valentine gift, they both decided to give a completely different gift.

(Y/N) decided to give a huge gift basket which consisted of a few Valentine candies, a plushie of (f/S) himself/herself, a photo album in his/her signature color with all the pictures they took together, and a small love letter.

But (f/S), unfortunately, couldn't come up with an originally good idea. He/She thought of giving one that was bigger in size, a better one, one that has more meaning, etc.

"Oh man! What am I going to give to (Y/N)?", (f/S) questioned him/herself. Thankfully his/her room wasn't right next to (Y/N)'s. Although, Link was walking by and managed to hear what (f/S) said. So he came in and talked to (f/S).

"Hey. What's the problem?", he asked.

"Gah! Geez Link! Please knock before you enter.", said a startled (f/S).

"Sorry about that. So anyways, I just heard what you said a second ago and do you need some help or advice?", offered Link.

"Well, since you're here, then I guess it's alright.", (f/S) reluctantly accepted.

So the two had a chat on what to give to (Y/N).

Your POV

Yes! Today is the day where I can tell (f/S) how I really feel about him/her! I could on any other day, but today is more acceptable. Valentine's Day is a day that has to do with love and different relationships.

After we all were finished with our Valentines, we all went to the living room to hand them out gifts. I gave everyone a card with a piece of candy on it. But with my friends, I not only gave them a card with candy, I also gave them a heart-shaped picture frame decorated with hearts, said "Happy Valentine's Day!" on it, and put a picture of us on our most funnest day in it.

I really hope they like this. I thought to myself. I wonder about (f/S) though. Will he/she like it?

I temporarily left my Valentine for (f/S) in my room. I plan on taking him/her to my room and give it to him/her after I finished passing out the other Valentines I had for the others.

It took me almost 2 and a half weeks to get (f/S)'s Valentine completely made on time. I had to go to a photo shop a few times to get those photos made, made candy behind everyones' backs, and made a few plushies using cotton, fabric, and other crafting materials. I did this all on my own and in my spare time. No help from anyone.

(F/S) POV

Finally I'm done with (Y/N)'s gift! I really hope he/she likes it. Or at least appreciates it. I was somewhat on a rush to make this super appealing. It's a pop-up Valentine card that I completely hand-made myself. Though I did have a brainstorm with Link and looked up some instructions online on how to make it. So I give some credit to Link for his help. But that's not the only Valentine I have for (Y/N) though.

I brought all the Valentines I made to the living room and handed them out. I decided to give (Y/N)'s to him/her last. Save the best for last after all I guess.

"Hey (Y/N). I have a Valentine for you."

"Oh! I have one for you too. I was looking for you as well. I currently have it in my room so can you come with me?", he/she asked. I said yes and we left.

Just before he/she entered the room I grabbed his/her arm. With a blush and little smile on my face, I gave the card and told him/her, "Happy Valentine's Day!".

He/She curiously opened the card and looked so happy with a smile and a sparkle in his/her eyes. I even saw a faint blush on his/her cheeks.

"Oh my gosh (f/S)! This is the best Valentine card I've ever gotten today. Thank you so much!", he/she said.

Then he/she went into the room and brought back a huge gift basket. I. Was. Shocked. It was the biggest gift basket I ever saw, and it was for me! "Wow (Y/N). I'm at a loss for words on what to say! Other than thank you.".

"You're welcome.", he/she said with an adorable smile.

So I took a few seconds to collect myself, took a deep breath, and calmly asked, "Will you be my Valentine?".

Then he/she gasped and kept squealing "Yes!". Then we went to the party and had a great time together.

After the party ended, I asked him/her to be my boyfriend/girlfriend and he/she said "Yes!". We kissed each other good night and went into our rooms.