sirius black : rumor has it

(Y/N) hummed lightly, making her way to the Library after her last class. She wanted to get all of her work for the weekend done before the weekend, and tonight's Quidditch match. As a Gryffindor it was an unspoken rule that the whole house was to attend the Gryffindor vs Slytherin Quidditch match, so she needed to get her work done in order to spend most of the weekend at Hogsmead.

As (Y/N) began to lay out her books, quills and notepads someone pulled out the seat across from her. She looked up to see Sirius Black, a friend and fellow Gryffindor sitting across from her with a grin laid across his face. He wore his signature leather jacket, jeans and a white t-shirt, and his long black hair was slicked back against his head. Between his teeth he held a tooth pick, playing with it with his tongue.

"Hello Sirius." (Y/N) responded with a smile. They weren't the closest of friends, but they sat together during classes and during Quidditch games when she and the rest of the Marauders went to watch James play.

As much as (Y/N) like Sirius, - his playful behavior, the way he made sure to always speak his mind and how he always stood up for his friends - she also knew the rumors and his reputation. She knew that he rarely spent the night alone, that he could often be found with a different girl depending on the day of the week. These rumors made (Y/N)'s growing crush on Sirius that much difficult. She found herself keeping him at a friendly distance, afraid to become just another notch in his bed post.

"I knew I would find you here, you're just like Moony, always studying." Sirius stated, his nose crinkling in slight distaste.

(Y/N) shook her head, "You should try it every once in a while, at least James as an excuse, he busy with Quidditch." She told him, she was always telling the other three Marauders that they should put a little more effort into their studies. She understood why James and Sirius didn't get her excitement, they weren't muggle born like she was. They had grown up with magic in their homes, this was normal for them, while for (Y/N) this was a young child's best dream.

Sirius rolled his eyes in response to her, "That's fair I suppose, but why would I bother when you and Moony keep helping me out with school work?" He pointed out, smirking across the table at her. Sirius watched both sides of her mouth twitch in response to his comment. As much as she pretended not to care about the boys and their grades, she never failed to help Sirius and the others out in an academic pinch.

(Y/N) tried to suppress a grin, not wanting to give off any form amusement to his comment. "So what I'm hearing is," She stopped the movement of her quill and finally looked up at him, "If I want you to actually do your own work, then all I have to do is stop helping you out?" (Y/N) knew she was kidding, she couldn't resist helping her friends out when they needed it.

Sirius kicked himself back, placing his feet up on the table, "If you want me to do my own work all you have to do is come with me to the Quidditch game tonight." He told her, the same playful smirk on his face. Sirius looked at his feet, attempting to avoid her gaze and hide his nerves.

(Y/N) looked at his sideways, tilting her head at him. "I told you yesterday that I would go." She then looked back down at her work, "That's why I'm doing my work now silly." She shook her head with a smile, she supposed the conversation they had must have slipped his mind between dates.

"Well I know that." Sirius told her, playing with his necklace. "I guess I should have been more specific, I meant just you and I, like a date." He continued, his hands slightly shaking as he playing with the small wolf attached to his necklace.

(Y/N) felt her heart in her throat, her eyes focused on a single page in her textbook but she wasn't reading the words. "Oh." One part of her wanted to jump for joy and agree. The other part of her wanted to tell him she couldn't, wanted to protect her own feelings from getting played.