20

"I'm sure it won't scar sweetheart."

"It's in a very visible spot. I wouldn't mind it so much if it didn't have anything to do with how I got it. If this scars than I'll have a permanent reminder on how I fainted at a concert." I say into the phone, laying against my headboard with my legs extended under the thick blanket.

"It's a funny story you can tell your kids." Grandma states.

"They will even laugh at me."

"Why did you faint anyway? Was it an asthma attack?"

"No... it was just hot in there. I didn't eat properly that day." I murmur, refusing to tell her the real reason besides the heat. I fainted because everything was hitting me at once on how dangerous this band is.

"Do I have to be worried about you not eating enough?"  I could sense that parental figure tone that was fuelled by concern.

"Of course not, it's just been a hard adjustment period." I shake my head and curl my toes a bit under the warm blanket. It was roughly 10:30 at night, we leave to the next city tomorrow morning.

"You sound sad." He murmurs.

"I'm okay." I shake my head and lie.

"Are you enjoying it at all?" She asked the question I was afraid of, because I hate continuously lying to her.

The band is a fake and the lead singer wants to kill me.

I trace my finger up the embroidery on the rich duvet cover, not knowing how to answer without confessing everything.

"Aven..." She represses from my silence.

"I will enjoy it the more I get used to it." I huff, gripping my thigh.

"Are you just homesick?" She asks.

"Y–yeah, I think so." I nod. "I miss you guys a lot."

"Oh sweetheart we miss you too." She spoke in a soft tone, my tear ducks getting irritated. "Speaking of..."

Suddenly I heard the sound of ruffling and a youthful voice.

"Aven?" The nine year old who was up past her bed time spoke into the phone, the best thing I've heard in a while.

"Hi Winnie." I smiled for what felt like the first time, it was a blessing to hear her voice.

"I lost another tooth!" She exclaimed in happiness.

"Really?" I said in awe, my chest tightened and my sinuses became tough. I knew I missed the sound of her voice, but actually hearing it made me emotional.

"I think you're almost an adult then." I say while a tear trickled the corner of my eye.

"I'm going to be older then you soon." I could hear the excitement she had even at this late hour.

"You bet, not long now." I laugh even though I was approaching tears, my nose started to run.

"Are you coming home soon?" She asks in a quieter voice, my heart breaking.

I paused and shut my eyes, placing the back of my hand against my mouth. I came to terms that I won't be coming home for a long time, eight months. But the scary thing in the back of my mind was I didn't know if I'd make it to eight months with these dangerous men. I was scared all the time that something was going to happen to me by Harry's disposal. I was petrified that any given moment he'll burst in and just decide to do something to me because he just hates me that much. What he's capable of terrifies the living hell out of me.