Ch20"We Need To Talk"

I think it's best if I stop seeing you....I'm going through a lot and...I just need space to focus on my career...

Diana's perspective......

"Have you seen Elvis?" I asked bill.

Its been months since I've been staying with Elvis at Graceland, I rarely see him, usually I'll always see him at night or in the mornings but now it's mostly the afternoons. I getting worried about him, I remember he told me he would leaving soon to Hollywood for a while, I'll have to stay here at Graceland or go to my family. But lately he has been a bit annoyed with me, even if he doesn't tell me I feel like he's getting tired and bored of me..maybe I'm just overextending..Elvis loves me.

"I dunno honey, check his office" he said as he continued looking under the hood of elvis's pink caddy. I nodded and walked upstairs to his office.

Knocking on the door, I hear his low husky tired voice.

"Umm, I just was wonder where you were. You seem very stressed, I just want to help" I said looking at him, he rubbed his face and sat down his notebook that contained music lyrics, he was currently working a song called 'king creole' a song for his new picture he'll be starring in.

"Diana....we need to talk" he said, his eyes never leaving mine. His eyes were serious. Nodding I sat in one of the chairs he had in his office. I could feel my heart beating fast, my palms getting sweaty from nervousness..what did he want to talk about...

"I love you Diana, I love you more then I should..." he started, smiling I blushed. "But, I thinks it's best if I stop seeing you.....I need to focus on my career and your just gonna hold me back" he finished. I let his words sink it...it sound like he's breaking up with me...he can't be, I gave myself to him.

"What are you saying Elvis..you want to break up with me" my voice came out a whisper as tears threatened to spill from my eyes.

"You shouldn't cry...I don't deserve your tears, I don't want them" he said harshly, I looked up at him. My eyes burning in anger and pain.

"You promised me you wouldn't hurt me Elvis, you promised you'd always love me!!!" I shouted at him.

He looked down.

"Yeah well I only said that so you'd give me what I want, I got what I wanted. Your bags are downstairs, my driver will drive you back to Nashville...don't call don't write, don't even mention my name, you are no longer my focus" he said.

My heart stopped, my breath was caught in my throat...I couldn't move. This is not the Elvis I fell in love with, he wasn't harsh...he was sweet and kind. This can't be true.

"This can't be true Elvis, I love you. You love-" he cut me off. "I don't love you...get out...leave now" he stood up and walked out of his office slamming the door. The impact made me jump. I let out the tears that I've been holding, what am I gonna do...I let the devil in and he ruined me, I took a chance and I failed...I let down my parents...I'm a fool for thinking he could really love me...

Elvis's Perspective.....

I watched as Diana walked to the car I had ready for her.

God I'm so sorry I had to do this....I had too or he would've hurt you, hurt you just so I can keep a perfect life, no dating, I belonged to all women and he finally found out about you...

"Are you happy now?" I said harshly to my manager Tom Parker. He let out a deep chuckle as he puffed out his cigar. "Very happy boy, you may think I'm being unfair but your Elvis Presley. You got women all over the world who want a piece of you, dating that little girl will only cause trouble for us." He said walking over to me and looking out the window.

I clenched my fist and jaw, how dare he talk about her, she a wonder, sweet girl and I love her.

"You don't know her, and I'm glad you don't. You'd only hurt her, ruin her and I won't let you do that. That's why I agreed to break up with her. But she will always be mine, she will always be my one and only loved" I said walking away from the window, when the car finally pulled off.

He laughed.

"Don't worry son, you'll be over her soon. You need to set your eyes on that beautiful actress your gonna be acting with, now she-"

"Just leave already...." I said. He nodded and walked away leaving me alone, sitting on my bed, I finally let out the scream I been holding, I let out a cry as I started punching the wall repeatedly.

After a while my hand was bloody and I was in pain, I slid down the wall and sobbed...

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, I know it's a bit short and sad but I'm trying to keep the book interesting, and different emotions.

Share, comment, and like. Please comment!!!

👉Till Then Presley's 👈