06

Charlie Hunt

I had suddenly arrived at my front door as time seemed to fly by as all I thought about on my way home was my amazing day with Adrien.

I did it! I got his number! I can't believe it. I actually spent time with Adrien Johns. This week is actually turning out good.

I unlocked the front door with my keys. It was 7:30 so Dolly should still be awake.

"Dolly?" I called out.

No answer.

"I'm home. So...uh I'll be in my room." I called out once again. It was so awkward communicating with my sister. Since she no longer talked to us, we had to blindly communicate with her and hope that she was listening. I saw that the door to her room was open so maybe she heard me.

I walked into my room and blushed as soon as I shut the door.

"I have to refrain from texting him. It'll be weird if I start texting him already, right?" I spoke to myself. "Ugh this sucks!" I groaned.

"Oh, I know! I can ask Jaden for advice-" I stopped myself. "Oh, yeah, never mind ." I pouted.

Why did this have to happen between me and my best friend? I threw myself onto my bed and once I did, my phone went off notifying that I had received a message. I dashed toward my phone.

Oh my gosh is it Adri-

Oh.

It was a message from Jaden.

Jaden
Charlie. Please talk to me.
7:34pm

I honestly don't know what I did wrong.
7:34pm

After letting out a big sigh, I decided to text him back.

Me
Let's talk tomorrow after school.
7:35pm

Jaden
Thank you so much Charlie. I'll wait for you at our spot. Please don't forget.
7:35pm

Me
Yeah.
7:36pm

I let out another sigh.

I hope we could get pass this. I really did miss my best friend. I'm just upset that my sexuality is something that would separate us. After all these years we've never even been in an argument before. We were always there for each other and we always had a great time. I can't even count the times that Jaden supported me and made me happy. He would always give me gifts when I would be feeling down. Especially when my dad left. It was one of the hardest times of my life. But he was there. He always was. I shouldn't have come out to my friends.

I felt a single tear run down my face. I wiped it away.

Wait! I forgot that I would text Adrien that I made it home. I took this chance to text him.

Me
Hi Adrien. It's Charlie. Just letting you know that I made it home safely.
7:40pm

Alright! I did it. Whew.

Ugh I don't know what else to talk about if he responds back.

As I was thinking of possible conversation topics, my stomach decided to have ten earthquakes the sound of twenty volcanic eruptions.