Chapter Thirty-Two

I shot up in a bed I didn't remember getting into, hand flying to my neck.

"Easy, darling." Kol's voice. I turned to him with a confused look.

"What happened?" I asked.

Kol sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"One of my little sirelings wanted a taste of you and decided she would have a bite. No need to worry, she is currently in pieces."

I crunched my face when hearing the part about her being in pieces. That was a little too much information. I frowned.

"Where is Damon?" I asked.

"I snapped his neck." Kol shrugged.

"Why?" I asked.

"He was aggravating me." Kol answered simply. I just looked at him. "What?" he asked, folding his arms across his chest.

"Aggravating you?" I asked.

"His presence alone aggravates me, darling."

"Why?" I asked.

Kol stood up before walking over, sitting on the bed next to me. I gave him a glance before shifting over to ensure he had enough room.

"Long story short, we ran into each other when he was a new vampire. Possibly a week or a month, I can't really remember. Any who, I had settled down a little, not murdering as much and enjoying myself. Damon comes along, humanity off, murders a bunch of people, drawing attention and Nik comes along and daggers me."

"So, Damon was the reason you were daggered?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Have you told him that?" I asked.

"Should I?" Kol tilted his head. I tapped my lip in thought before shaking my head. What was the point, it was over a 100 years ago? Personally, I would move on, unless....

"There was a woman." I guessed.

"Yes, Christabel. She was human, very pretty."

I nodded, that made a lot of sense then. Kol liked some girl and Damon totally stole her. personally, I would choose Kol to Damon.

"Damon stole her away." I murmured.

"More like stole her life." Kol corrected.

I blinked, feeling sad for the loss of a life and worse, it was someone Kol actually cared for. His finger tilted my chin up.

"Christabel isn't as pretty as you though, Jordan."

I scowled.

"We are still frenemies." I reminded him. I pulled out of his grasp, feeling my neck was a little stiff. I stretched it out and turned to Kol.

"Did you heal me?" I asked.

"Yes." He answered. Fear was racing through my system. I had to make sure I didn't die. I didn't want to be a vampire. "You have been asleep for 6 hours though." Kol spoke.

Six more hours to go until his blood was out my system. I nodded. I looked around noticing we were in Kol's bedroom. This was bad. Klaus lived under this roof and if he caught wind that I had vampire blood in my system, he would snap my neck in order to force me to turn.

"Relax, darling. I will not let you die within the next six hours."

"Even though we are frenemies?" I asked.

"Yes.....though I still don't understand that word." He pulled a face. I relaxed and smiled.

"It means we are sometimes friends and sometimes enemies. We both stand on different sides. Like your team Klaus and I'm team, Kill-Klaus." I explained. He nodded, still looking a little confused. I found the look of confusion rather adorable.